Please help choose between 3 cars.

jean.genius, Nov 11, 8:32pm
We are buying a family car as we now have 2 children.
We have narrowed it down to.

Nissan Stagea RX 2005
Mazda 6 GSX hatch 2005
Subaru Legacy B Sports 2005

With 2 kids under 2 we need it to be roomy but also with all the running around we need economical.

Thanks so much!

curlcrown, Nov 11, 8:35pm
I would go for the Mazda 6.

jean.genius, Nov 11, 8:36pm
could I ask why!

fiatracer, Nov 11, 8:50pm
I'd go for the Stagea because I like the look of them, they are RWD, but the 350 is the one I'd pick. Having said that, I think the "best" choice [if they have enough room for you] is the Mazda.

xpfairmont, Nov 11, 9:01pm
If you get the Mazda 6 don't have any more kids. My old boss had a four year old + two baby twins and couldn't fit the family in the car, would only fit two baby seats in the back with out room for the four year old's seat. Otherwise it was a good car. I can't speak for the other two cars

kazbanz, Nov 11, 9:02pm
My view is to buy the mazda.
My reasoning being the suby is going to be expensive to run/insure and maintain.
The nissan isn't as roomy inside

jean.genius, Nov 11, 9:08pm
Do you think the Atenza SW would be better then! more space.

xpfairmont, Nov 11, 9:09pm
that's what I thinking about the Suby too. Plus more likely to get stolen.

xpfairmont, Nov 11, 9:11pm
Yes, can't go past a S/W. Great for going away on holidays etc.

supernova2, Nov 11, 9:12pm
Don't think there are many "family" cars about that will take 3 kid seats in the back.I'd be checking that the kid seats you have will fit properly in whatever you want to buy.

I'd follow Kaz's advice.

kevymtnz, Nov 11, 9:15pm
Nissan Stagea RX 2005 = by a long margin
the rest dont even compare n never go near a Subaru

jean.genius, Nov 11, 9:41pm
Thoughts on 2003 caldina!

gamerman_64, Nov 11, 9:45pm
Personally I'd also go for the Mazda.Mazda's are just fun to drive, and it will do everything the other two will do.May as well enjoy yourself in the process.

dr.doolittle, Nov 11, 11:03pm
Have you consideredthe dieselVW Golf.

gmphil, Nov 11, 11:09pm
Stay away fom suby two kids need cash more than drain pit of a car

xpfairmont, Nov 11, 11:57pm
Because if you have think again.

motorboy2011, Nov 12, 12:01am
not sure on the room in the actual cabin, but id be very surprised if the Stagea was not the biggest one of the lot in the back by a lot. Looks-wise I like the Mazda (or a Honda Accord), for practicability id go Stagea. Why not go test drive all 3 and make your own mind up!

jean.genius, Nov 12, 12:04am
OK, what about a 2003 - 2004 forrester!

kazbanz, Nov 12, 12:11am
Im sorry to sound harsh but if you don't know then why comment!
Stagias aren't as big in the cabin area as they would apear from the outside. IMO quite cramped in the actual seating area -although long in the "boot"

kazbanz, Nov 12, 12:14am
You are going back to a (cabin space wise) MID sized wagon.
Good cars but not roomy.
I'd recommend a Toyota WISH (1800cc) or Ipsum over a caldina.
The wish is 7 seater but doesn't look like one.

kazbanz, Nov 12, 12:16am
mechanically the forester is the same as the Legacy but IMO not as roomy inside.

motorboy2011, Nov 12, 12:17am
which was why I said I did not know about the actual cabin. What I CAN say is 3 childs seats will not fit well across the back of the Stagea, I have one.The problem is more the shape of the seat in the middle, its raised, rather than lack of width

ericshanluck, Nov 12, 12:20am
the tcs works well on the mazda, you never notice any front wheel slip if it happens. (im guessing that's why you would choose the rear wheel drive)