Parallel Parking Assistant in cars

kiwifidget, Nov 13, 3:46am
I find myself in the market for a new car, through no fault of my own. So was wondering if this feature is available in any normal cars or just the flash expensive ones!

chebry, Nov 13, 4:07am
Mirrors are on all cars , christ how much help dyer need!

curlcrown, Nov 13, 4:11am
The way you worded that made it sound like you were involved in a crash.

clark20, Nov 13, 5:21am
Doesn't the new Focus do it, our new work Prius does

morrisman1, Nov 13, 6:03am
hell, ABS is as far as I want to go for driver assistants. ESC, traction control, parking assist, lane hold assist, braking assist can all go shove themselves up a goat's arse

pebbles61, Nov 13, 6:15am
I bet these fancy new modern cars even have automatic-chokes and wipers that go 'home' when you turn them off.

m16d, Nov 13, 6:19am
All this stuff and you still have to be a brain surgeon to figure out how to work the radio and CD player.

chebry, Nov 13, 6:22am
Now your just being silly, self parking wipers who'd need those!

pebbles61, Nov 13, 6:24am
Next thing you'll be telling me is that they have electric washer motors!

nzdoug, Nov 13, 6:25am
Works on my VW.

morrisman1, Nov 13, 6:52am
I get your point pebbles, but in the end for me I don't only see the automobile as a way to get from A to B, and the more layers of technology removing me from the road the less I desire driving the vehicle.

Self parking wipers and automatic chokes do not get in the way of a good driving experience. Things like ESC do.

I'm all for fancy tech making engines better but let me do the driving and not some computer.

pebbles61, Nov 13, 6:54am
I'm with you mate, some of the BS they have on cars now is crazy. ABS I can understand, but side airbags, 34 cup holders, Air conditioning, ipod docks, TVs in the back, GPS, electric door mirrors, electric windows.

I wasn't taking the piss lol, judging by your name you're a BMC fan and that gets the thumbs up _b

morrisman1, Nov 13, 7:27am
I dont have much to do with morry stuff now, getting out of it myself. I'm moving over to the racing scene and making stuff go fast; still pretty noob at that but nothing 30 years experience wont fix, pity that will take 30 years though. Still have my morry ute which I'll finish but it is hard to get motivation for it when the final prospect is to go on a slow sunday drive with a bunch of old people talking about the 60's.

pebbles61, Nov 13, 8:38am
That's where we differ I guess, I really enjoy the laid back kind of car drives, but saying that I too have also considered getting a Landcrab to make 'rally spec' =D

fordkiwi27, Nov 13, 8:45am
I dont have much to do with morry stuff now, getting out of it myself. same!

whqqsh, Nov 13, 9:06am
having self parking tells the world you have the spacial awareness, coordination & competence equivalent to the likes of Paris Hilton