Cheap Mechanic wanted in Dunedin please

minfo, Nov 14, 9:03am
Does anyone know of a mechanic in Dunedin who will fix the suspension on a Mazda without costing 'an arm and a leg'.

andrea_w, Nov 14, 9:06am
It may cost an arm and a leg depending on the exact nature of the work that needs to be done - regardless of how "cheap" a mechanic may be.

ml6989, Nov 14, 9:24am
Does the job need to be 'down to a price' or 'up to the standard'! A motor vehicle that is repaired "on the cheap" may not be the safest vehicle on the road.

outbidyou2, Nov 14, 9:39am
everyone wants a cheap mechanic mofo.cheap anything for that matter. You do realise its not 1986 anymore and things dont cost $5.

*edit. p*ssed off at attitudes like this from clients

daryl14, Nov 14, 10:49am
Yeah but we're getting paid like it's 1986. Just sayin.

lolzor123, Nov 14, 6:12pm
Don't know if I'm allowed to recommend on here, but - have found Car Connection by Ellis Park, just off KV road are good people and not as pricy as the gimicky garages in town who insist on plastering your windscreen with their stickers. Genuine friendly people and labour is $60/hr from memory.

twaymouth, Nov 14, 9:18pm
Midas on castle st is quite good, staff are friendly and helpful (i.e. explain what has been done, show you old parts etc, phone you with quote before doing any work) and labor rate is reasonable ($60 hour)

minfo, Nov 15, 8:45am
The job needs to be 'up to the standard'.and thanks "twaymouth" for your advice.

cypherboy, Nov 15, 8:47am
minfo can you elaborate on what part of the suspension needs "fixing" and what kind of Mazda is it! It may be cheaper to replace offending parts with second hand gear from a wreckers.

minfo, Nov 15, 8:48am
Also thanks to "lolzor" for their advice.

wimwom, Nov 15, 10:05am
Go Car connection.Mark is good at what he does and a good genuine guy to deal with. Highly recommended.

outbidyou2, Nov 15, 10:07am
I think the point is nothings cheap anymore

bex25388, Nov 15, 10:53pm
I agreed Car Connection are good, Mark is very fussy also good place for prepurchase inspections.

minfo, Nov 17, 1:40am
The rear suspension struts need repaired. Also thanks to 2 other people for their recommendations of mechanics in this town.

mugenb20b, Nov 17, 4:07am
Needs to be "up to the standard"! Short cuts aren't possible if that's what you're worried about. Old parts get replaced with new parts, it's that simple.