Cvt/ auto car sales

millerz08, Nov 27, 11:13pm
I have noticed car listings stating smooth auto transmission rather than cvt.

When I purchased my car it was advertised as auto, and I never knew about cvt, I later found out it was cvt (thats why it was driving different).

It is ok for car dealersto advertise as "smooth auto" and have it on the car info sheet as auto, without informing people of the cvt trans (and what that is), or is it the buyers responsiblity to find out.

Im not concerned about my car purchase, I had just noticed a few listings over than month that states smooth auto.

lazzo, Nov 28, 12:03am
There is no reason why a dealer or anyone for that matter should or needs to define the transmission as a CVT, it is simply an automatic transmission.

Most people would notice the difference the moment you drove off in it, on test drive or otherwise. I don't believe for a moment that calling it a "smooth auto transmission" is a means for concealing the fact it is a CVT.

edangus, Nov 28, 12:36am
I think "most" people wouldn't have a clue what type of auto they have

lazzo, Nov 28, 12:38am
If you have driven a regular staged transmission car for years on end and then get into a CVT, you really should notice the difference.

edangus, Nov 28, 12:47am
Certainly, but "most" people don't even know where the Oil or Water goes in these days.