FG Falcon brakes

smac, Nov 29, 1:08am
Anyone got any pad suggestions for an FG (non turbo)! Haven't inspected yet but think rotors are due as well - anyone have the various torque figures!

Ta'

thunderbolt, Nov 29, 2:16am
NOT Bendix HD, fitted a set to mine and they are dusty, noisy and
crap pedal feel.
Repco TQ seem to be working for most vehicles, not really a track day pad though

thunderbolt, Nov 29, 2:17am
Forgot to add, I fitted TRW rear rotors and found the handbrake adjustment hole is in the wrong place.
More shagging around to adjust the brake shoes now.

bellky, Nov 29, 2:18am
I used the Repco Thermo Quiets on the last set I did too.

clark20, Nov 29, 4:40am
Get the Bendix CT ceramic, I have them on my Dore and no problems

unbeatabull, Nov 29, 4:53am
We fit Bendix to pretty much all our Falcon range and never have a problem with any of them. We usually fit GCT's unless customer requests other (HD, Road and track etc)

Rotor's shouldn't be anywhere near worn. Should get plenty of life out of them (usually up to 300,000k+ if they haven't been machined) Minimum thickness is 26mm.

smac, Nov 29, 8:38am
Not worn, possibly warped (just noticed some shudder). Going to check the run-out on the weekend. What's the max figure! Also, anyone got the torque for caliper bolts etc! (other than "FT").

The ONLY bad thing about this car to date is the inability to get a workshop manual.

unbeatabull, Nov 30, 1:39am
Yup. Tell me about it. Ford have got all their latest stuff online now and you require a dealer login to access. Problem being, it is terribly laid out, and has no index - we spend sometimes more time trying to find the right PDF file that contains the info we need then actually fixing vehicles!

Runout typically no more then around .1-2mm. Can't say we have ever measured run out. If it varies by more then 10 on the brake rollers or has shudder whilst driving then we just measure thickness and machine/replace accordingly.

I wouldn't fit TRW Rotors either - Brembo do good rotors for these and well priced - a lot cheaper then genuine, I think around $150/ea fronts and around $90 rears - from BNT.

unbeatabull, Nov 30, 1:39am
And caliper bolts - FT is correct! From memory torque is somewhere around 90/100nM, but I've never seen anyone torque them. Rattle gun on full does them up plenty tight!

bellky, Nov 30, 1:43am
Typical mechahanic - does every nut and bolt up so tight it's imposssible for it to be worked on again. Stupid gorillas they are.

desmodave, Nov 30, 6:21am
Would have thought you had a strong arm being a tosser and all.

bellky, Nov 30, 8:45pm
Hows the heap going.