Can anyone please give me advice on this car?

Page 1 / 2
the-lada-dude, Nov 29, 4:35am
well seems v pricey to me and 41000k !mmmmmkaz or taurangacarsetc will be along shortly

strobo, Nov 29, 4:49am
Overpriced !evenapparently low kms , !

netto-who, Nov 29, 5:20am
I personally thought it was reasonable, how much do you guys think it is worth!

theram1, Nov 29, 5:27am
auto trans one are to be avoided, now I am opening myself up for abuse here, I read it in the dog and lemon guide, also not many km's in 11 years, less than 4000 a year.
Bring on the abuse.

gunhand, Nov 29, 5:30am
If you look at all the others for sale it is about where it should be for the KMs I would think. 2002s seem to up to $9500 give or take in a dealers yard. As a private sale maybe $7000 to $7500 would be better.Dealers still want 5k to 6k plus for some 95 models so its probably not bad really.At the end the market will decide. Also as a private sale find out what the trade value is and use that as leverage.

saxman99, Nov 29, 5:32am
Consider yourself abused.

theram1, Nov 29, 5:35am
what no 'right mind' or "moron

3tomany, Nov 29, 6:09am
$5,500 is what i would offer looks nice and tidy but not the most popular model out there. cvt may need a service at nissan dealer

3tomany, Nov 29, 6:22am
the question you ask about cvt is simple continuously variable transmission is just that a belt controls revs and speed instead of an auto that hydraulacly changes gear. The reason cvt has a bad rap is they cant handle abuse i;e towing, lack of servicing, hard driving etc but if not abused will last the life of the car so when buying second hand just make sure it is sound. get it checked bysomeone qualified

jason18, Nov 29, 6:41am
^ good advice.

netto-who, Nov 29, 7:10am
Thanks for the advice everyone!

neville48, Nov 29, 8:09am
Quote"if not abused will last the life of the car"What is the life of a car please 3tomany. This surely is linked to the length of a piece of string etc !

theram1, Nov 29, 8:16am
RE life of car: 10 years, 150,000 kms. Avoid auto CVT's
3tomany must have one.

incar., Nov 29, 8:39pm
Don't go near one, some makes the parts are not available at, like 1 Toyota when a certain bearing fails Its a new box. If you want factual advise ring a transmission parts supplier

intrade, Nov 29, 8:41pm
any cvtcan be rapired . read this website . they make there own parts.
incar
cvt.co.nz

intrade, Nov 29, 8:41pm
any cvtcan be rapired . read this website . they make there own parts.
incar
cvt.co.nz
i found that site on google and did a bit of reading on there site. they are going to sell diy kits soon also . constant volocity trans is no magic behind anycheap scooter runs a cvt gummi belt for example.

intrade, Nov 29, 8:46pm
awsome site from the info they put out to the public here a wee cut and paste
WARNING

Nissan Micra/March and Subaru Justy drivers - If your vehicle suffers a failure phone us first for a diagnostic. These vehicles are fitted with an electromagnetic clutch. When investigating such faults many workshops will tell you that the fault lies with the transmission and that cost of getting your vehicle back on the road will be very high. In most cases, however, the problem lies only with the electromagnetic clutch which can be repaired without great cost (almost the same price as a conventional clutch from a manual gearbox).

Audi and BMW Mini drivers - If your vehicle needs any maintenance or servicing be sure that it is done properly because servicing of these vehicles involves special procedures and equipment. e.g. Scan Tools.

Electrical problems - Before purchasing a late model vehicle with a CVT, check for the following; an aftermarket alarm, radio head unit or hands free phone kit etc. If these components have been installed incorrectly they can interfere with the Control Units in the vehicle causing the vehicle to go into "Limp Mode" and other faults in the CVT, engine or ABS systems. All aftermarket accessories fitted must have their own power supply and extreme care must be taken when wiring them in.

intrade, Nov 29, 8:48pm
Nissan Skyline driversThese vehicles do have an EXTROID CVT transmission, when you change the oil be sure you use the right oil especially for people in AUSTRALIA because there are workshops that will advise you to use NS2 CVT oil. This is wrong.Use only Nissan KTF CVT Fluid, it has to be changed every 80 000km and the cost is approxNZ $189per litre . (Nissan part #KLE51-00004)

If the transmission needs repairs ask the repairer if he also upgraded the software from the TCU with the latest version. This is very important because the failure can be caused by an old version of the software.

Bearings should be genuine parts because they are specially heat treated and hardened.

The push belt in the CVT is the main component and is the most costly. If you buy an overhauled CVT transmission be sure that you get a minimum warranty of 1 year or 20,000 km, because there are belts on the market that are not suitable for some CVT transmissions. Every CVT transmission uses a different Belt.

There are belts with 8, 9,10 and 12 bands, and also in different width 24 and 30 mm. The amount of bands and width depends on the torque supplied by your engine. So when you fit the wrong belt it will brake after a very short time.

If you have problems with a CVT transmission contact us first. We can repair them swiftly and cost effectively.

Don't get ripped off.

3tomany, Nov 29, 9:55pm
not a chance my fleet has to much power for cvt. I was just trying to answer op's query as best as i could with my opinion something most posters in this tread didnt do.All transmisions can fail prematurely most are very expensive to fix it is just a matter of buyer beware and that is the point i was trying to make, get it checked by nissan dealer before buying and dont pay to much

theram1, Nov 29, 10:05pm
^ no offence intended ^
'intrade', yes anything is repairable, but why buy something that is suspect, defeats the purpose of getting a 'better' car.

theram1, Nov 29, 10:08pm
Like The Dog and Lemon 'moron' said avoid cvt transmissions.

3tomany, Nov 29, 10:10pm
i think op is keen because of low mileage and that doesnt meen it will be any more reliable than a late model car with higher mileage if i was looking at this car i would offer less than auction and just wait.

theram1, Nov 29, 10:15pm
True, it pay to do your homework when buying. The auto trans repairers must rub there hands together when crappie auto trans are built. Money,Money,Money.

kazbanz, Nov 29, 11:12pm
Gidday-
First things first--The lil ding in the bumper.From what I can see that would pop out with a little push from behindonce the PLASTIC of the bumper is heated up.
Second the price -mmm I got 10k for the same make/model with 30k on the clock 22 months ago so I feel 8k is right up there.I would say its at the top end for one of those.
Third the transmission. The 2.0l primera of that era was fitted with a CVT transmission.
This MUST (cant emphasise that enough) be propperly serviced at or before 60k.
That particular CVT has a reputation for being problematic.
Truth of the matter is that in a lot of cases the fix is an externally accessable electronic component which can be as little as $300 to have fixed. In fairness I must add that should the chain break a full reco of your box will cost about $4500-chains do break but its the least likely fault.

intrade, Nov 29, 11:25pm
i agree its better to not own a auto and that includes all of em apart from a few old ones like toyota corolla for example these will usually outlast the car if serviced unless the car is driven astaxi they clock up to 450,000km befor the first problems could be likely and 650,000 when they need a rebuild by then the engine and the body of them toyotas be history also.
other then that it pays to research what autotransmission cost to rebuild as its not if but when you got to pay for repair and rebuild.
manual trans also are not cheap these days with almost all cars having dualmass flywheel that need the whole flywheel with clutchpack exchangedcan also set you back over 2 grand to do a clutch.