Nissan Tiida and other small hatches, Kaz?

Page 1 / 2
jason18, Nov 29, 7:50am
Selling the falcon and buying a 4 door hatch for wifes photography business. Still needs to be able to fit 2 car seats across back and have a bit of room in boot for groceries etc. Any recommendations! About 9k tops to spend

jason18, Nov 29, 8:49am
What do the little 1.3 and 1.5 swifts go like!

curlcrown, Nov 29, 8:51am
Mazda 3 or Honda Civic come to mind.

intrade, Nov 29, 8:51am
small cars are only the brand new ones who have low fuelconsumption like the new swift or kia picanto in nz not big cars compaired to the one we got in europe with same low consumption and the size of a corolla.

theram1, Nov 29, 8:53am
!.

intrade, Nov 29, 8:58am
dacia sandero 1.2 its the size of a corolla and does 60mpg but cant be purchased here kia picanto 1.2 is the only onegetting similar fuelconsumption but its mutch smaller the a sandero unfortunately. then chinese stuff has emense fuelconsumptions like them gelee 7 liter per 100klike 60mpg=5.8 liter per 100km or so
the holdon berina also has a low fuelconsumption figure on the sheet. but how mutch better or worse a new holdon is the a kia or suzuki alto or swift who knows.

intrade, Nov 29, 8:58am
dacia sandero 1.2 its the size of a corolla and does 60mpg but cant be purchased here kia picanto 1.2 is the only onegetting similar fuelconsumption but its mutch smaller the a sandero unfortunately. the chinese stuff has emense fuelconsumptions like them gelee 7 liter per 100klike 60mpg=5.8 liter per 100km or so
the holdon berina also has a low fuelconsumption figure on the sheet. but how mutch better or worse a new holdon is the a kia or suzuki alto or swift who knows.

austingtir, Nov 29, 9:04am
I would say Tiida but you will probably only get the 1500cc motor with that money.

jason18, Nov 29, 9:04am
Will look at the mazda 3

jason18, Nov 29, 9:14am
Or the 307 wagon!

extrayda, Nov 29, 9:23am
phew - thought you were selling the XA for a moment there !

jason18, Nov 29, 9:33am
I was but decided not too :)

morrisman1, Nov 29, 9:39am
Why does he even mention that romanian gypsymobile sandera when we cannot get it here. A car which has no dealership backup, no parts available in NZ Is possibly even a worse recommendation than a damn toyota cavalier!

The old lady has a Tiida, although basic in its equipment it travels well and the build quality inside is very good. Rear leg room would be almost unbeatable in the class. Sedan boot space is not too bad but nothing like my old 405 sedan! The 4 stage auto lets it down a little on the open road but around town is fine. Its just when you get to a slight incline that the steep top gear cannot pull it up, but the next gear down gives you 3500rpm. To be effective you really have to drive it kinda like a tiptronic by playing with the OD button when its in that range where its not happy in either top or next down. That may just be me hating on automatics though.

jason18, Nov 29, 9:40am
Cheers man. Any idea on those 207s etc peugeots in general! They seem very good value for money

oliver6, Nov 29, 9:57am
We just sold my wife's Peugot 203 because it was high mauntainance, and not very user friendly.
We have just yesterday bought a 2005 Nissan Tiida 1.8 auto. It is fantastic, heaps of power, the harder you drive the better it goes.
It has every extra including reverse and side cameras, elec seat, alloys. airbags, smart key. etc etc, and is the most comfortable, luxurious car we have owned.
It has done 76kms, and was $10k.

phillip.weston, Nov 29, 11:37am
I would avoid the Tiida - you would not be satisfied with it at all.

phillip.weston, Nov 29, 11:39am
Peugeot 203 is a car from the 1950s.

If a Tiida is the most luxurious car you have owned then you must be easily pleased!

jason18, Nov 29, 5:28pm
Yeah we going down from a 190kw falcon so gonna find it hard to drop in power. The hign maintenance fo the peugeot what was the probs with it ! Cheers

kazbanz, Nov 29, 6:30pm
Hi Jason If a drop in power is a concern I'd suggest having a look at a toyota Opa. Sexy they ain't but they ARE a 1.8 corolla. smaller than a feilder wagon but bigger than a HB.
The other thing people don't think of is concidering a mid sized sedan.
Before ruleing them out -have a look in the boot of a silphy or a premio

chebry, Nov 29, 6:58pm
Tiida is probably the worst newer car you can get uncomfortable, gutless and poor cornering abilities awful cars

jason18, Nov 29, 8:10pm
Ok thanks Kaz. Will have a lok into that. We expect a big drop in power but lucky i still have my 8 and. 6. Just want something zippy for wife.

jason18, Nov 29, 8:10pm
Ok x off the list haha.

splinter67, Nov 29, 8:18pm
I know 4 people with peugots they all rave on about them. The big secret is get it serviced at a puegot dealer not a normal mechanic because there are lots of traps for the guesser. Parts seem easily got if they are in the country. I know of a key taking 2 weeks to get here from france but that wasnt a current model. Take one for a drive you will be impressed at the handling

shorebee, Nov 29, 8:20pm
try a focus 07 on or a corolla diesel 1.4 manual. no 1.5 tiida or mazda, you will cry driving them and the tears will beat you to the next intersection.

jason18, Nov 29, 8:35pm
Cheers guys. Will do some test driving.