Tyres. What are a good brandmodel of tyres that have low road noise looking for subaru outback with standard 17 factory mags

shagged, Nov 29, 10:49pm
what are a good brand/model of tyres that have low road noise. Looking for subaru outback with standard 17" factory mags.

gmphil, Nov 29, 10:56pm
Uniroyal ,best blow of cobwebs of walet first tho

intrade, Nov 29, 11:07pm
michelin

michelledave, Nov 30, 7:33am
toyo teo+

un_known, Nov 30, 7:44am
i have those on one of my cars and they scream like banshees. grip well though.

neo_psy, Nov 30, 7:47am
Got a GT Legacy - chucked a set of Achilles ATR Sports on them. Very impressed with them, actually.

intrade, Nov 30, 7:52am
neo_psy what are they chinese ! and where did you get em from!
i am always interested on good cheap products a quick google showed some germans made good reports about these also.

neo_psy, Nov 30, 8:11am
Probably made in China, but I think it's a US brand.

Got them from the tyre place that does our work truck tyres out at the airport (can't remember what it's called, but it's on Richard Pearse Drive).

Was replacing a rubbish mis-matched set of Michelins (which were too wide anyway - 225 instead of 215) and bought them basically as a cheap set ($130 each) thinking that I wasn't bothered if they only lasted 12 months.

Very impressed with wet grip and noise. Put them on at Easter and they seem to be wearing really well with ~8k on them.

A+ would buy again.

jason18, Dec 1, 12:43am
Love kuhmo zetums.

trdbzr, Dec 1, 12:57am
Achilles tyres are made in Indonesia and owned by an Indonesian company. Neuton and Accelera are also made in the same factory. Nankang is made in Taiwan. That being said, the Achilles ATR and Neuton NT5000 are both good tyres. They are cheap, last long and are good quality. The wet grip is not that good if you prefer flooring it every time, but for a daily driver they are both good tyres.

theram1, Dec 1, 1:01am
Phone Nelson Mandala or his associate's, they might have a tyre or two spare.

unbeatabull, Dec 1, 2:29am
Every car I've work on with Achilles fitted to them have had worst grip then factory and wear out unevenly - in saying that, in CHCH I'm sure the only Achilles dealer is Mag & Turbo and they have usually played around with the susp as well (whether its been lowered or whatnot etc), and we get so many cars come in complaining of uneven/crap tyre wear, hard ride etc after being there . it's like, well that's what happens when you fuck around with suspension geometry!