Rego on Hold?

Page 2 / 2
splinter67, Dec 5, 12:05am
too excited where ya meathead needed to edit ya post lol your so easy to wind up hell even bellky takes longer than you go back to school

bellky, Dec 5, 12:06am
'were ya' :) and 'you're'

meathead_timaru, Dec 5, 12:07am
Yeah, its up to the OP to decide if it's worth doing. They may be worried about having too many registered owner changes affecting future sale.

Personally, I'd just use it for the month unlicensed.

meathead_timaru, Dec 5, 12:11am
Where! LOL

I changed my wording and made an error leaving an extra word in. You certainly tore me a new one by noticing I edited my post to correct it! You da man! But at least I knew it was wrong in the first place, eh.

Would you like to buy some punctuation! I have some capital letters, apostrophes and commas going cheap!

When are you going to man-up and admit you were wrong!

splinter67, Dec 5, 12:11am
Ok that unusual that the money grubbing government has changed their ways btw meathead your wrong see Ive admited that I was wrong so why dont you have sex and travel back to general

hamhonda, Dec 5, 12:18am
Just to put my 2cents worth in, it might pay for everyone to double check the rules as they've recently changed. It now costs to de-register vehicles which used to be free, and I had an Integra here that I had on hold (been on hold for over 5months) which I was going to fix up for my daughter, plans changed and ended up putting it into my name & then de-registering it, and then today she received a bill for the back date of the rego! I plan to dispute this though.

bellky, Dec 5, 12:30am
That^ throws it all up in the air again.

meathead_timaru, Dec 5, 12:32am
You have the link now to dispute it, hamhonda.

meathead_timaru, Dec 5, 12:34am
Sore loser, eh. Have some grace.

kcf, Dec 5, 12:42am
Are you absolutely sure it was on hold!

It sounds more like it had been unlicenced for a duration, and when you then went to deregister it you got the bill from date of dereg, to date of last registration.

This has been around for quite a while though.Possibly two years or more.

hamhonda, Dec 5, 12:51am
Yes, was definately on hold, missus has the paper-work. I bought the vehicle & put it into her name & on hold the same day.I have done this a few times before and never had problem until now when the changed to charging to re-reg vehicles (also charge to put them on hold now when you do it at one of the branchs, but not sure if they charge when you do it online).I am hoping that its just a mistake on their part

bellky, Dec 5, 1:02am
^ Online still free :)

supernova2, Dec 5, 3:15am
Are you sure!

chebry, Dec 5, 3:21am
Idoubt you even understand which way is up and you certainly have concept of how continuos registration works, either learn or shut up.

meathead_timaru, Dec 5, 3:48am
Could you write that again, please, but this time in English, not retardese. Thanks!

meathead_timaru, Dec 5, 3:52am
They claim to have evidence it was under exemption at the time.