If you were buying a NEW SUV and a 4wd ute

Page 1 / 2
jacqui248, Dec 7, 7:52pm
and you have 70-80k TOPS.

What would you buy.

ute needs to be double cab. will be used on farm and for towing boat

SUV just 5 seats NOT 4wd, just nice vehicle to drive but not a gas guzzler.

also i see suzuki have 0% interest at mo and nissan 2.9. any other deals im not aware of!

3tomany, Dec 7, 8:01pm
ranger ute no question but the next one is a bit blurry suzuki vitara would probably suit you. be careful of low or no interest deals as that money is jacked on the top of purchase price

jacqui248, Dec 7, 8:09pm
ive looked at a vitara.

ranger ute bit pricey i think, been quoted 42k on a mitsi charger ute inc gst

and 34990 on a vitara. just wondering if there anything else out there

3tomany, Dec 7, 8:17pm
make sure you drive the ranger and get a quote the discounted price might surprise you and they have a lot of luxuries so a lesser model might fit the budget but the suv thing has me stumped not many in that 30k range to choose from

cuda.340, Dec 7, 8:18pm
the Ranger is the best ute on the market, i've been road testing a few lately & i think it's going to be a Ranger in the new year for sure. can't comment on the SUV, they don't appeal to me, probably because i have no need for one.

jacqui248, Dec 7, 8:22pm
i just essentially need a CAR for the suv, somethng to take to town to get the groceries and fit hte 5 of us in for trips. BUT i want a suv type thing as i think its better on the metal roads.

i was looking at the nissan xtrail 2wd too. well i say looking, on a website i mean, not test driven

and the ford ranger if tehy gonna DISCOUNT the price well they should do it in the dfirst instance! to make me go in there. AND you do know its a FORD eh

3tomany, Dec 7, 8:30pm
all motorcompanies discount thats why be carefull of low interest deals as it is usually at the expence of an otherwise discount. if you dont have blue blood then you could always get the mazda version bt50 ute and a mazda suv the discount might be bigger for two http://www.mazda.co.nz/model/cx-5

jacqui248, Dec 7, 8:45pm
still very pricy. i seem to have soo much trouble making people drop prices

jacqui248, Dec 7, 8:47pm
skirt not short enough maybe

3tomany, Dec 7, 8:50pm
skirts should be like speeches. long enough to cover the subject short enough to be interesting

haventrader, Dec 7, 9:03pm
Now I'll attract comments. Buy a Great Wall double cab for $26k and the SUV for $30k, and pocket the rest.

jacqui248, Dec 7, 9:07pm
teh great waslls are very cheap and look nice enough but it is scary buying things from teh unknown chepa market

3tomany, Dec 7, 9:40pm
poor quality, old tecknology, poor safety, pathetic resale yea what a great idea just what everyone looks for in a car

supernova2, Dec 7, 9:41pm
I'm inclined to agree.Only down side might be is there a dealer in your area!As for your need for a SUV if you only need a car then buy a car.A SUV if only a 2wd will drive no better than a car which is also 2wd.
Do you need absolutely new or would a 2nd hand in the form of the demonstatror vehicle be OK.If you go down the demonstrator way then you will get a significant discount.

As far as discounts in general you have to be prepared to fight, after all the dealer wnats to get the highest price he can and you want the lowest.The strongest party wins, like buying a house etc.

Get the quote then counteroffer.Asking what the lowest price is wont work.Also dont forget there is more than one dealer out there.If the local wont come to the party try the next town etc.No problem if you buy in the next town thge local will have to honour the warrantey.Also if you get a low quote then go back to the local, slap it on the table, and make it obvious that unless he betters it you going to buy the other one.

Good luck.

supernova2, Dec 7, 9:46pm
Also if its a business vehicle is the resale value importantWithout specific figures my feeling is that the amount you loose is about the same if you buy a Ranger at say $$40k or a great wall at say $25.In ten years the range will be worth about $10K so you loose $30K.The great wall maybe worth $5K so you only loose $20K.Am I right, who knows!

jacqui248, Dec 7, 9:52pm
thatnks for the tips supernova.

thunderbolt, Dec 7, 9:57pm
A ten year old Great Wall! What do you think will be left of it!
And what will the maintenance costs be to get it there!
No one can predict because there is no history.

lazzo, Dec 7, 10:57pm
Pajero & Triton. I think you would damn near do both brand new for your budget too!

splinter67, Dec 7, 11:10pm
Your right no one knows what the great wall will be like in 10 years but there seems to be a lot on here saying that they will be rubbish these are the people that believe the Clarksons of this world and take it as gospel

supernova2, Dec 8, 2:34am
Probably also believe the Lemon & Dog and "good ol clive".People probably said the same sort of nasty things about the first Hilux but over time it became almost the yard stick by which all others are judged.

There is one thing that Clarkson says that I do believe and thats "Shoot them in the face".

bobwyn, Dec 8, 7:38am
I would get the suzuki my wifes had 4 of themfirst was an 1988 last one she got new in 07 never had a problem . as for a ute I think I would have an Isuzu max.

skiff1, Dec 8, 9:48am
Get a new ranger and a secondhand rav4 diesel. The extra investment in a new ute is worth it as it will hold value longer, while it is easy to pick up a late model good condition rav. We have owned both in the last couple of years. Both excellent, though the Toyota dealer was better to deal with. Road tested extensively and could go past eir of them in their respective classes

r15, Dec 8, 7:00pm
and the rav uses only about 6.5l/100km of diesel driven normally on nz roads

chebry, Dec 8, 7:29pm
The great Wall is basicly a reverse engineered Hilux and while a hilux is an awful POS to drive they do keep going in most cases if not worked too hard why should a copy of it be any worse. You kids need to remember Jap cars were junk at one point too now all you fools rave about them

skiff1, Dec 8, 8:22pm
yeah we have a hybrid Camry now and it us more gas! Company car, would never buy one.