Advice wanted on suby 3.0gt legacy02

chevvy5, Dec 8, 6:28am
looking at buying one, and was wondering how much of an improvement it would be, over my current 1995 brighton!, I need more go, and some tow!

franc123, Dec 8, 7:09am
I wouldn't tow anything heavier than a small to medium sized trailer with ANY Subaru, the drivetrains simply aren't made to do it, likewise questionable body strength. Have driven a couple of those 6cyl Legacys and was surprised at the lack of performance TBH, you however may find that its a worthwhile upgrade from what you have.

ryanm2, Dec 8, 7:15am
we have a gt30 legacy. Massive upgrade from your Brighton. Good middle of the range car for everyday needs , we are from chch and being 4wd has been very handy in past snows, doesn't use heaps of gas, plenty of room (we have 2 kids), tows our trailer with no issues, and has every mod con you could want.
This was subaru's flagship wagon so their certainly was a little more attention put into it, very nice interior, excellent sound system, 4 airbags, nice alloys etc etc.

chevvy5, Dec 8, 7:17am
thanks for that!

ryanm2, Dec 16, 2:11am
did you view the car!

rudimon, Dec 17, 6:02am
my gt30 will go round corners where the old outback wanted to plough off straight ahead. much more reassuring