I put petrol in a diesel car.

Page 2 / 2
wind.turbine, Dec 9, 8:18am
hahaha yea humans are best at it!
I left my fuel cap off and did not know until I got the WOF done.it failed due to missing fuel cap.
dont beat ye self up it might or might not come right

triangle1, Dec 9, 9:32am
What happens if you put diesel in a petrol engine!

jmma, Dec 9, 9:38am
I give up, what happens (o:

mrfxit, Dec 9, 9:51am
Smokes
Clogs up the spark plugs
Gutless
Hard to start

Presuming it will still run depending on ratio of the mix

outbidyou2, Dec 9, 10:07am
you didnt notice you had no fuel cap for how long! or was your wof due! or you dont drive much
Ambiguious much!

snoopy221, Dec 9, 11:00am
Runnin a petty on diesel.LOL

Meh pul the damn DIPSTICK-and it'll be overfull proportionate to the diesel added- Other scenario - drain fang a litre of oil in wiff some diesel.
Probably an ole 2C Ota- oil-or damn snake oil-MEH.
It'll handle it.

strobo, Dec 9, 4:32pm
Lighten upmr fix it ! loltis atoy corolla not a euro trash thingy.Just a simple fuel drain & a new filter will suffice.

pollymay, Dec 9, 6:57pm
Throw a decent amount of diesel in it and a little 2 stroke. Go nuts, should be fine after that.

splinter67, Dec 9, 7:11pm
Just asking what happens if its not are you going to fix it for the op

m16d, Dec 9, 7:22pm
Sell it quick before it blows.

trader_84, Dec 9, 9:44pm
Yep . did the same thing. I was talking to him . coaxing him to make it the whole way home. Drained the tank and into my stash of spare filters and walaah! Ran like a grunty little lux pigger once again. A couple of things I learned outta all this is that 80s/90's Luxers' must be more resistant to this sorta abuse than some of the later rides and, that diesel mixed with petrol is friggin great for kero bath use. I am still using it, haha! Chur.

wind.turbine, Dec 9, 9:45pm
haha no got WOF 2 days later

theholdenman, Dec 10, 6:12am
Wasn't entirely your fault as the attendant filled the car and normally a sticker on the inside of the flap that says diesel

flack88, Dec 10, 6:18am
Never let a pump jockey fuel you up,first rule thumb!

cate13, Dec 10, 8:17am
Well. I went to the garage and got things sorted. Thanks for the advice everyone and it's a lesson learned for me.

yudasgoat2000, Dec 10, 8:35am
I haven't pulled both nozzles off to compare them side-by-side, but I thought diesel pump nozzles were narrower, to go with narrower filler pipes in diesel-powered vehicles, thereby meaning you couldn't put a 91/95/96/98 nozzle into a diesel car.

splinter67, Dec 10, 8:37am
Cool good to hear no damage its bad enough doing it but when the bill runs into thousands it really hurts