Focus diesel vs golf diesel vs peugeot diesel

Page 1 / 2
shorebee, Dec 12, 3:18am
which one is thebest, all have 100-120 kw with 6 speed auto and 320-340nm torque, ford is best value on new car at moment and good fuel connsumption on powershift,i wonder what dsg offers over that or whats a better car.

twink19, Dec 12, 3:26am
same car different badge

youngones2, Dec 12, 4:23am
i own a mondeo 2lt diesel, 120kw, power shift, and its real beauty. could only imagine how a lighter focus would go as mine is so fast and easy to drive. focus outsells golf 2 to 1 in the uk. i get over 800km round town with a mixture of urban/motorway driving and 1100km on open road

unbeatabull, Dec 12, 4:30am
Take a Powershift for a drive first - they do drive differently to a conventional Auto or CVT or Manual.

intrade, Dec 12, 8:24am
onlyget vw unitinjectors with 6 speed manual they are real rear to find the 1,9 is what you want then egr delete and chiptune it and when the clutch is due go for stage 2 sollidmass flywheel from uk.
only other option is the 1.9 with normal electronic injector pump and seal issueslike any old-er diesel commonrail also got plenty seals and cause problems. unit-injector is oldscool with high-tech

intrade, Dec 12, 8:33am
if we talk NEW wait another year vw is about to relaunch new unit-injectors without expensive exhaust aftertreatment .

shorebee, Dec 12, 9:07am
wow, good mileage, focus has 50 litre tank vs 70 in mondeo and on board computor says 875ks on a full tank. am leaning towards focus for value and performance and powershift

chebry, Dec 12, 10:25am
VW is hardly at the cutting edge more like playing catchup while the other two both use PSA/Ford powertrains

harry353, Dec 12, 11:03am
Why diesel! Do you do more than 30,000 ks per year! If not then petrol would be better cost wise. Unless of course you prefer driving a diesel.

splinter67, Dec 12, 6:38pm
Harry you might want to drive a modern diesel before you rubbish them your speaking with a forked tongue

smac, Dec 12, 7:07pm
I don't see him rubbishing them. I see him pointing out that you have to do some higher k's before it becomes cost effective.

splinter67, Dec 12, 7:11pm
Have a look at buying a ute you will see his ideas on diesels are flawed

3tomany, Dec 12, 7:15pm
i would have thought around town thirsty type driving would make the diesel more cost efficient than big ks

shorebee, Dec 12, 7:21pm
ido about 30k a year.i calculated the fuelin my legend awd at 11/100ksannd focusat 6/100 with rucs and rego maintenance ia m thousands better off in the focus and it has more power agility than thelegendwhich was 78k new and worth about ten

splinter67, Dec 12, 7:45pm
Are you recommending doing this to a new car! Are they no good intrade not getting at you just wondering why you'd have to do that to a new car

intrade, Dec 12, 8:41pm
i am talking about the unitinjector 2001 to 2005 models the brand new one would have had its issues sorted now the problem was heat caused byegr system and cataliticconverters .they did stop unit injectors and went to commonrail because of the problems but the new one i posted above is only coming out next year , doubt it would need a egr delete as vw spends loads of money on propper research and development. not like other car makers who plow on if there are real problems with a design.

intrade, Dec 12, 8:41pm
i am talking about the unitinjector 2001 to 2005 models the brand new one would have had its issues sorted now the problem was heat caused byegr system and cataliticconverters .they did stop unit injectors and went to commonrail because of the problems but the new one i posted above is only coming out next year , doubt it would need a egr delete as vw spends loads of money on propper research and development. not like other car makers who plow on if there are real problems with a design.
these guys got good stuff for vw diesel
they also supply egr delet kits ,
http://www.darksidedevelopments.co.uk/

smac, Dec 12, 8:44pm
If you have bought new before, and are buying new again, I really don't see why $1k comes into it, you're bleeding money already.

splinter67, Dec 12, 8:51pm
Ok that explains it interesting to know might buy a small diesel car when I get to Auckland to drive around town the commute will be a bit bigger than the one here thanks intrade

shorebee, Dec 12, 9:15pm
1k, i dont get your math

harry353, Dec 12, 9:47pm
I toured Europe in one. Loved it. Just asked a question that's all. Read. Think. Reply.

splinter67, Dec 12, 9:50pm
Good on ya but you rubbished them in another thread

harry353, Dec 12, 9:53pm
No. Again. Read. Think. Reply. I didn't express any flawed ideas re diesels. The 2.4 as most who have ever towed with them (have you!) will know, they are underpowered and not suited to towing a 2000+kg load. Sure get a larger one (diesel) if "that is in his budget" but they are expensive to buy and very expensive to fix compared to an older falcon. Get my point now!

harry353, Dec 12, 9:55pm
Read above. What I can't understand is why you are attacking me. Sure I might have odd ideas from your perspective but why not just stick to facts.

splinter67, Dec 12, 10:01pm
No I dont and if you read my post under yours my results vary from yours completely but Im talking about my own experience of towing something heavier than what that person wanted to tow and as I live in Napier if we wanted to race north of here we had to go over hills and the 2.4 surf towed it rather well in fact we borrowed a falcon ute to tow it with didnt make it to taupo had to go back and get the surf we also towed it with a 2.4 hiace same results and how much gas will the falcon use compared to the diesel