Tandem trailer axle placing.

net_oz, Dec 17, 6:40am
Where would be the correct place to have them welded onto the frame! Have just had someone put a new undercarriage on and it has been welded about 100mm in front of where the old ones were. The old ones were in the centre. If a load of say gravel is put on it now, wouldn't the weight be on the rear thus lifting the front end and making the towing vehicle light in the arse end!

h.e, Dec 17, 6:58am
as a general rule of thumb the rocker should be in the centre on a tandem

paul861, Dec 17, 7:04am
the centre of the tandem should be half inch back from centre for every foot of deck ie 8 foot deck 4 inches back. ALWAYS have the centre of the load over the centre of the tandem NOT the centre of the deck

unideck, Dec 17, 7:05am
net_oz - whoever mounted it forward clearly has no clue what they are doing, take it back if poss and firmly explain that you require it fitting properly.

laneyjan, Dec 17, 7:52am
hey unideck is back.how good! he knows trailers

net_oz, Dec 17, 7:56am
It was suggested to cut the guards shorter so that it looked better. WTF.

plasticboys, Dec 17, 8:19am
140mm back from centre. l take it it is around a 8 to 10 foot long trailer

unideck, Dec 17, 8:48am
OH NO what ever were they thinking! Not sure if I can help - sounds like its a tad too late mate but hey I would certainly take them to task especially if you paid them already.

franc123, Dec 18, 7:48am
Welcome back Craig!

unideck, Dec 18, 9:38am
Hey Frank, how ya going young man :) all good I trust. Must have a look around to see who's still here haha

Hey Net_Oz did you get anywhere with the people who set the trailer up!

net_oz, Dec 19, 6:44am
Have been talking to him and he is going to redo them in the appropriate position.

unideck, Dec 19, 7:46am
Thats great news ;)

robotix1970, Dec 19, 10:58am
hey unideck,we have never spoken to each other but i just wanted to say thankyou for givng me a solution to the placement of my three axles on my twenty foot S/heavy duty car transporter.

unideck, Dec 20, 12:24am
Ya got me Rob, we lived in Chch for a year too so maybe it was then or on here but hey, no worries at all, have a great Christmas :)

stevo2, Dec 20, 6:45am
Nice to see you back Unideck, Hope you return to posting regular contributions

unideck, Dec 20, 8:42am
Hey Stevo2, how are ya, all good I trust! Will hang around a while and see how we go haha. Nice to see a few good folk still here :)

net_oz, Dec 26, 6:23am
All sorted now. Looks much better now.
What is the name of a good paint to use to kill the surface rust underneath the trailer!

unideck, Dec 27, 9:39am
Hey Tony, so where did they mount it in relation to the deck length!