Hyundai

Page 1 / 2
serf407, Dec 18, 8:14pm
Hyundai are making a few cars.

The Ulsan plant, Korea - capacity 6000 cars per day.

http://youtu.be/Nu8A1S3-oyg

amberjandal, Dec 18, 8:33pm
Thats sad - thats 6000 cars daily the world could do without.

haventrader, Dec 18, 8:45pm
And yet each day we scour the listings looking for a new car.

amberjandal, Dec 18, 10:28pm
I dont , and certainly not Hyundai's

splinter67, Dec 18, 10:50pm
Your missing out then newer hyundais go very well

amberjandal, Dec 18, 11:22pm
Compared to a scooter maybe but not real cars.

timmo1, Dec 18, 11:25pm
and you drive a.!

splinter67, Dec 18, 11:42pm
When youve driven one come back you have no idea

phillip.weston, Dec 19, 12:07am
Hyundais from the last couple years are nothing like 5-10 years ago and earlier. Every manufacturer has to start somewhere. Toyota originally built sewing machines.

Some of the Hyundai range like the i45 and Santa Fe are almost becoming a premium vehicle competing with the likes of VW. I rented an i45 when I went to Sydney and it was an excellent vehicle for the price.

amberjandal, Dec 19, 12:07am
Everyone is entitled to an opinion and mine is they are not up to it , Take government sales and sales to lartge fleets out of the equation and it is pretty clear the public agree with me . I would have a Toyota , Ford , Mazda and even a Holden before a Hyundai.

splinter67, Dec 19, 12:12am
So you know nothing about hyundais at all yet you come on here and rubbish them yet another googlknowlegist go have a drive in one then come back and comment bet you change your mind

NZTools, Dec 19, 12:13am
as you said yourself, everyone is entitled to their opinion, even if it is ill-informed and missguided,
A holden is better than a hyundai! Lolmost holdens are rebadged daewoo,s for flucks sake.

amberjandal, Dec 19, 12:44am
Where are Daewoos built ! Same place as HyundaisLOL

amberjandal, Dec 19, 12:48am
Sorry Plinter , no mind changing here , driven them myself already. Suggest you read a few articles on I30 and I45 in particular from the experts, the common theme is the look is edgy , they are packed with extras but still have a bit to learn off the big players when it comes to engine and handling. Dont take my word , go have a read.

bmwnz, Dec 19, 12:58am
That's the rub: so many people form their opinions based largely upon the opinions of others. One of the most read motoring gurus is Jeremy Clarkson, yet he knows so little about them. He does know how to write and sell his opinions and silliness to make himself very rich, however.

earthlink_inc, Dec 19, 1:20am
I'm not sure the public do agree.

Hyundai are no different to other Asian manufacturers - Toyota was regarded as Japanese rubbish in the 70s, so too Datsun, Mazda, Honda. People purchased Ford Cortinas, Austin landcrabs, Triumph 2000s and all manner of other nasty creations as a preference to buying Japanese.

By the mid 1980s though the Japanese started to hit the top of sales charts. That came about partly because of improved products but also changing perception. The sudden influx of JDM vehicles in the mid to late 80s only served to expose customers to a host of luxurious features they had never dreamed of having in a car and further cemented the changing public perception.

Hyundai will be no different. Frankly I would FAR prefer to drive an i30 over a Focus or Corolla. I've not driven anything other than the i30s but I have no reason to believe the rest of the model line up would be any lesser.

amberjandal, Dec 19, 1:33am
08 September 2012Ford Focus TDCi vs Hyundai i30 CRDi
I have in front of me the 09/12 copy of NZ Autocar. It did a comparison between the above mentioned hatchback diesel motored cars. Now I am not one to refer to magazine articles, but the result was striking. Before I read any 'head to head', I pick the likely winner, then see if it's as I thought. This time I decided on a narrow win to the Ford. However, while I was correct about the result, the margin was what I thought I would expand on.

People say that Hyundai is up with the best now, and indeed maybe some models are. A recent drive in a new i10 left me completely underwhelmed with the quality, and the price - in NZ at least - was extortionate. The i30 diesel was easily beaten by the Ford Focus equivalent in every category they were judged on, usually by some margin. It was a good old fashioned thrashing. It is rare today for any model car to comprehensively outdo another. The Ford was even the lower priced vehicle!

This has me wondering if the gap between Korean and Euro/Japanese offerings has really closed at all. There is a very slick advertising campaign on NZ television promoting not a car model, but how the Hyundai company is putting out quality cars. Frankly to me it smacks of PR spin, and my feeling is that Hyundai has some way to go to be able to claim it up with the competition.

thejazzpianoma, Dec 19, 2:11am
Public opinion means nothing. Most people are ignorant when it comes to cars and just follow whats fashionable at the time.

Remember how popular Daewoos were when they had their slick advertising!

What about the over priced and underwhelming Suzuki Swift!

Very few people bother to test drive anything other than what is popular or do the math,so they never realise they are making a poor decision. They also don't have the ability to discern truth and reliable information fromsilly nonsnese wives tales and rubbish publications like Dog and Lemon.

But thats the land we live in. the land of the sheep.

thejazzpianoma, Dec 19, 2:16am
You have it in one!

People just fall for whatever has the slickest advertising. Hyundai's are grossly over priced in NZ, where you pay as much as a premium vehicle for one,despite some models still having rubbish old technology like 4 speed auto's.

Even those in the trade seem to fail to do any math and fall over themselves to pay VW money for Hyundai vans which require 2-3 times the servicing and can cost several thousand dollars extra a year to run.

Bottom line, people in general just want to follow the sheep in front of them over the cliff and fail to do any basic math for themselves. and sadly, its slowly ruining the world.

splinter67, Dec 19, 4:00am
So what have you driven then not interested in what some magazine sayswhat are your experiences in a hyundai

amberjandal, Dec 19, 4:35am
Driven heaps Splinter , in the smaller car the Mazda 3 , Focus and Polo are outstanding , the Corolla is a bit everyday for my liking. In the SUV id have a Prado or a Territory diesel any day of the week. Id have a Tureg if I could afford one. The Sante Fe is good , no doubting that , and is the only Hyundai I do like ,but the bigger boys are coming to play now , the new CX-5 is awesome .

shorebee, Dec 19, 4:38am
having just brought the new focus diesel over the hyundai and peugeot and vw offerings as superior in most every way, mine is belgium assembled before they moved to thailand last few months. Hyundai have been reported lately as understating there economy whichi can attest to as my sonata diesel never got the 7/100ks yet the faster nimble focus gets 5.2/100. hyundai was more like 9/100. and a dull drive for an 09 car. got a good trade in though, saw a bright yellow velostar this morning , nice looking but no st focus

splinter67, Dec 19, 4:47am
So you've contradicted yourself first you say they are rubbish now you are saying they are good so which hyundais have you actually driven not what youve read actually sat behind the steering wheel and made it move

splinter67, Dec 19, 4:50am
so are you getting the 5.2 /100 or is that what ford say you'll get

amberjandal, Dec 19, 4:55am
They are not totally rubbish Splinter , just everything other than the Sante Fe .