Cambelt deal.

opposite_lock, Dec 21, 3:32am

opposite_lock, Dec 21, 3:33am
Partner's Levin is due her cambelt very shortly. What should I watch out for if I go for this deal!

twink19, Dec 21, 3:38am
doesnt include water pump and tensioner, and conditions apply, bet their will be all sorts of extras

intrade, Dec 21, 3:44am
my guess is be all extras or they dont do it and then it blows up. depending on engine some toyotas have non cam driven waterpump like me 4e16 valve
there only is 2 options either they run the work at a loss or they dont do the job propperly . running at a losswould be hoping for returning clients , but since no one does any servicing in this country unless the car starts making wierd noises then they think it might needs a service . so the return customer part probably wont happen for most as cheapskates would want everything for free and dont want to pay more next time.

the-lada-dude, Dec 21, 4:27am
wasn't there a deal like this some time ago !maybe on fair go, anyway the Co went belly up and took the doh, lotsa people left all at sea

opposite_lock, Dec 21, 5:46am
OK so a no go haha. Will just pay somebody to do it properly. Anyone suggest a decent fair-priced company in Auckland! Standard 4AFE Toyota Levin 1995. TIA

thejazzpianoma, Dec 21, 10:12am
Includes Idlers but not the tensioner. weird.
I wonder if they are intentionally trying to be misleading or what!

leanne_6, Dec 21, 12:28pm
it says

-Standard cambelt
-Japanese cars only
-Standard idlers
-Standard coolant
-Water pump not included
-Standard oil and filter
-Synthetic oil upgrade available
-Tensioner is not included!

DONT DO IT!

the-lada-dude, Dec 21, 6:02pm
check toyota for pricing of parts,they have some v good deals on parts sometimes. try approaching some local motor garages, see if they will quote job if you supply parts

thunderbolt, Dec 21, 6:53pm
Possibly a way of ensuring the cost of the Hydraulic hand grenade is an "extra"

opposite_lock, Dec 21, 11:26pm
Cheers =D

curlcrown, Dec 22, 1:54am
If you want a Diamante cam belt done you better be quick.

goldilocks64, Dec 22, 7:56am
there was a chap up north spliting cam belts down the middle, cutting off one side and then forcing the new belt half on beside the old one. then cut remainder of old belt and push new belt in to place . job done. no other parts

meathead_timaru, Dec 22, 8:01am
That would take more time than simply removing the old belt first. I guess he had no idea how to time the cams.