A question about Mitsi airtrek 2002 (non-turbo)

auntynic, Dec 23, 9:29pm
Hi guys :)
Am hoping someone can help me, as the mechanic I take the car too wasn't much help, but it does not help that when I explained the problem, and he took it for a drive, of course the car behaved!
When I drive the car on the open road etc, and do 80-100km an hour, then come back in to a lower speed zone the car tends to struggle to rev properly. It kind of feels like it is jumping from one gear to the next, but if you look at the rev counter, it just jumps, not a lot, but enough to be frustrating, and definitely can be felt whilst driving, or even as the passenger. So it kind of feels like it's trying to choose a gear, and needs to drop down one, but it doesn't, so it just kind of shudders. It's still driving along fine, but to get it running smooth I need to put my foot down, which if course means I end up going faster than the speed limit. Any ideas!
TIA

intrade, Dec 23, 10:25pm
automatic huh!

rob_man, Dec 23, 11:24pm
Tried driving with the Typtronic!

auntynic, Dec 24, 3:05am
yup, automatic.
If I put it into tiptronic, and drop it down a geear it is fine, but then revving higher than it should be iykwim. Am selling the car soon as I've had to move up to a bigger car. It's never been enough to bother me, but I would like to get it fixed prior to selling it, as the car is in fantastic condition, and been very well maintained etc, I don't want this one fault letting it down.

intrade, Dec 24, 5:08am
ring advanced automatic whangarei 54 hanna street. he is the only guy to get automatic translooked at up here, all others are ripoffartists.

auntynic, Dec 24, 6:23am
awesome, thanks :)