Another Nissan question?

ian86, Jan 6, 12:42am
Hi everyone , have finally got around to getting the AFM off., and have removed the side plate. The 3 wires coming in form the side are all intact, and they were covered in silicone, so not sure if that is from the factory!.
Do you only resolder if there is a broken connection!.thanks

pickles26, Jan 6, 2:42am
sounds like a coil fault or fuel prob airflow meter generally creates idle issues as well could be airflow but i would be checking coil it will be mounted in the dizzy ignition modules do not cause a miss

ian86, Dec 24, 12:23am
My partner has a 1995 Nissan Pulsar with a GA15 (DE) motor., it has had a random miss for a couple of weeks.,some days it would miss and other days it was ok., now it is at the stage where it starts and idles fine, but when you give it say third to half throttle it just dies/bogs down.you take your foot off the gas and it idles ok again.

Have tried to book it in the garage. but being xmas everyone is busy and most are ready to shut up shop.

Things we have tried leading to where we are now is., new plugs,leads,air filter and fuel filter,injector clean additive.
Could it be the AFM!.thought when this was a problem idle was affected!.not sure what sort of coil it has!.any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. cheers in advance.Ian

bitchwitattitud, Dec 24, 12:26am
AFMS are prone to fail, sometimes a easy fix is removing the cover for the circuitboard and resoldering the 3 terminals from the plug to board.

Also the ignition module in the distributer can give a intermittent miss. The are expensive new (280+) or a complete dizzy from a wreckers could be $50 - $150

ian86, Dec 24, 3:29am
Thanks for that., I will start with AFM., throttle sensor first I think!. having done a google through some of the pulsar forums., the symptoms we have seem to be a common problem on these.

carmad50, Dec 24, 4:00am
fuel filter

llortmt, Dec 24, 8:01am
AFM, pries that big silver plate off the side of it and re-solder the three connections under it.

mantagsi, Dec 25, 5:52am
Have *exactly* the same issue with flatmates car, I have been told about the AFM but haven't got around to trying it but when I do I'll post my results

4piggy, Dec 25, 10:23am
airflow meter or ive come across two of these cars with split fuel hose in the tank between pump and top housing causing low fuel pressure