Tyres. How much roughly would it cost for 1x 2354517r tyre and will there be any places open tomorrowmy car looks horrible on a

metallicafan21, Dec 25, 1:55am
How much roughly would it cost for 1x 235/45/17R tyre

and will there be any places open tomorrow.my car looks horrible on a space saver.

andrea_w, Dec 25, 2:12am
Err. you're on the perfect website to get a rough idea on prices. Do a search for "235/45/17", it brought loads of results up for me. Cheapest at $115, most expensive at $520.
There are bound to be some places open tomorrow. first thing in the morning pick up the phone and ring around

metallicafan21, Dec 25, 9:12pm
seems like nothing was open. even all the main outlets.
does anyone know when mag and turbo re opens again!

unbeatabull, Dec 26, 1:20am
I'd stay away from Mag & Turbo - the "Achilles" branded tyre they sell is absolutely rubbish. I'd rather have Firestone Supercats on my car before putting them on.

intrade, Dec 26, 1:41am
firestone you got to be joking, thats the worlds worst crap ever. seriously all my cars with fireston brigstones drive like on ice when the road is wet absolut 0 grip on any firestone brigstones in wet.

bmwnz, Dec 26, 1:42am
Jaysus, you'd have to be damn desperate to do that!

intrade, Dec 26, 1:55am
i was acuarly thinking of dumping the brigstone crap off my vw and fit some of these good reviews on the net
http://www.1010tires.com/Tires/Reviews/Achilles/ATR+Sport

metallicafan21, Dec 26, 2:06am
yeah ive heard bad reviews about the achilles, hence why when i got my mags i never got those tyres, i cant think what type they are. but hoping they will be open tomorrow.

franc123, Dec 26, 2:26am
Haven' had any grip problems with firestones but a set of firehawks several years back on a car I had wore unevenly no matter what I did with the wheel alignment, even at factory spec's and with regular rotation and correct pressure. After ditching them when they were stuffed at 25k and replacing them with chinese goodrides they not only wore evenly but lasted 15k longer, and were quiet with acceptable road feel. Haven't bought a 'big name' tyre since.

intrade, Dec 26, 2:58am
bridgestone sports tourer my01 is what i got on my tdi vw , and they are always at the brink of loosing traction when i accelerate hard, and they loose traction instantly in the wet unless you drive like a nana and take off real carfully .Maybe your caris not putting mutch power to the road these sure cant handle the power my diesel puts on them. torquesteering is another issue i get under fast acceleration and thats due to not solid enough tyre walls= rubbish tyres .

unbeatabull, Dec 26, 3:20am
Exactly . I'd never fit supercats to my own car . but I'd rather fit them then all the failures we have at work from the Achilles branded tyres. I understand one offs that all tyres get, but EVERY car we have come in with Achilles on them have had problems, usually with the tyres delaminating and blistering/falling apart half way through there life (still 4-6mm tread left in some cases!)

clark20, Dec 26, 7:27am
" I have had one set so they must all be bad"

Qualified answer.NOT

I have used RE040, RE050 and now RE002s and have been happy with them all. Years gone by the base ones were bad in the wet, but now the Chinese's brands have set new lows.

Note The VW turbo diesels make huge amounts of torque off the line and most tyres have a hard time stopping them spinning.

chebry, Dec 26, 9:38am
Perhaps you should learn how to drive

mileyfan73, Dec 28, 7:26am
I agree!Drive to the conditions and you shouldn't have any problems!I have done over 20.000 kms on Supercats,mostly highway driving,alot of it in the wet, and find them perfectly fine.I'd buy them again for sure.And no I don't drive like a Nana.

intrade, Dec 28, 7:44am
anothercrap brand are Gt radials , and ps i can drive i drive since a long time and only had to pay for 1 minor accident so far and i only had 1 speeding ticket in this country

intrade, Dec 28, 7:50am
if i loose traction on both axle without my asr light coming on on the dash then its the tyres that are crap i guarantee you. I can drive and i am scared to drive these crap bridgstones in the wet the car also wont stop when you brake hard without any wetgrip. Dry is ok the do ok in the dry not perfect but ok if they would handle only 50% as good in the wet i would not complain but they are like 10% traction to what they got in the dry.
i got som ijinyu Light truck on my merc will see how they do in the wet the bridgstone bulged out at 40% thread left . the tyre guy said they should be ok and they feel ok loads thread likr Lorry tires . the spear is amicheline real old but does well no buldge on that.

neo_psy, Dec 28, 8:29am
That's interesting - I've not had any issues with the Achilles ATR Sports on my Legacy. Will keep my eyes open though.

What make/model cars have had issues!

I read something that said they were sensitive to pressures, but I check the pressures in our cars weekly, so maybe that's something.