Seadoo servicing in chch

tandj3, Dec 27, 4:12am
Does anyone know if there is anyone in chch that services seadoo jetskis besides mike Phillips called in there this morning and basically told not interested in servicing it because I didn't buy of them what a shit attitude if I had that attitude in my businessI would have gone broke long time ago

austingtir, Dec 27, 4:21am
Time to get a shop manual and goto work thats the only way to really stick it up them.

strobo, Dec 27, 5:11am
With out coming across as facetious , Phillips has the right attitide.Theirprivelage & not a customers right of service from anyone .Valued clients or customersstill get priority.That's saying more about quality than quantity! andin saying that, this is howgoodbusiness is done.
As suggested ,take it elsewhere or do it yourself:-)

strobo, Dec 27, 5:11am
With out coming across as facetious , Phillips has the right attitide.Theirprivelage & not a customers right of service from anyone .Valued clients or customersstill get priority.That's saying more about quality than quantity! Customer buys product from themand gets the service from them . This is howgoodbusiness is done.
As suggested ,take it elsewhere or do it yourself:-)

tandj3, Dec 27, 5:41am
I would have been a valued cash paying customerI'm sure they would have to stand by any seadoo that needs a servicebut to be told don't look at the dash if the supercharger maintenance flashes across it just because it was purchased out of town I can't tell my clients to basicallyno I can't fix there crashed car because it previously been repaired somewhere else before it can't be that hard to win a seadoo award in chch if you're the only dealer in townwhere's the competition

desmodave, Dec 27, 5:45am
May be you have a 2nd hand USA import that you bought way cheaper than he could supply if he's an agent . I would be happy not to let then touch it if that's their attitude . I had a similar experience with a Ducati agent many yearsago.

desmodave, Dec 27, 5:52am
Have you tried this guy !
Duane's Bikes & SkisUnit 6 /91 Waterloo Rd, Hornby, CHRISTCHURCH

tandj3, Dec 27, 5:54am
But there is no one else in chch who has the right software to service them, the jetski itself is in mint cond, and I would be a new customer, just don't get that attitude, it is not good business to be an arsehole.

tandj3, Dec 27, 5:56am
He use to do my motorbikes, he is my next port of call. Thanks. It's not a major or anything just needed a reset, but apparently you have to have the right software.

tandj3, Dec 27, 6:36am
It a NZ new seadoo originally purchased from woodbine marine in Auckland 2008 modelnot like a old thing hopefully duannes bike and skis will have the software to do it

sw20, Dec 27, 6:39am
So he is limiting his customer base to people who have purchased off him!

Good way to knock off early each day I guess.

strobo, Dec 27, 7:29am
Saying" NO" doesn't make him an arsehole. May have hadgood reasons .I don't know and it is an awkward time of year for mostwith any sense will be on holidays , orcould be short staffed. or either didn't like your attitude maybe .good luck with it anyways.the supercharger maintenance service or rebuild is due at 100hrs even though it may well be running fine , this only flashes only at start up I gather then goes away! ! There is no sensor for the supercharger it is built in the Ecu like atime lapse interval.There are prob very good reasons for them not wanting to clear the service light as this would inevitably mean servicing or rebuilding the supercharger and they probably wouldn't stand behind it if it failed tragically out in water .having not been purchased from them and not havingmaintenance service history records cannot risk they comebacks at cost.Talk to the agent in Auckland and discusswith them to deal with Phillips maybe .Twist it that way. get a better response/reasonsseeing they are franchise dealers to see their way clear.

strobo, Dec 27, 7:29am
Saying" NO" doesn't make him an arsehole. May have hadgood reasons .I don't know and it is an awkward time of year for mostwith any sense will be on holidays , orcould be short staffed. or either didn't like your attitude maybe .good luck with it anyways.the supercharger maintenance service or rebuild is due at 100hrs even though it may well be running fine , this only flashes only at start up I gather then goes away! ! There is no sensor for the supercharger it is built in the Ecu like atime lapse interval.There are prob very good reasons for them not wanting to clear the service light as this would inevitably mean servicing or rebuilding the supercharger and they probably wouldn't stand behind it if it failed tragically out in water .having not been purchased from them and not havingmaintenance service history records cannot risk they comebacks at cost.Talk to the authorized agent in Auckland where first purchasedand discusswith them to deal with Phillips maybe .Twist it that way. get a better response/reasonsseeing they are franchise dealers to see their way clear.