Inside water leak?

herbiem, Jan 12, 9:06pm
We have a water leak inside the car on the passenger side front which seems to be coming up from underneath the car. Problem is the car is stationary and we cant find out where its coming from. Inside car,windows etc and panels are bone dry yet the carpet this morning is soaking wet. Any one ever had this kinda problem and anyone got any ideas where it might be getting in! Car is parked on a slight slope.

howz_that, Jan 12, 9:12pm
does the car have roof racks or any other holes in the roof!

richard198, Jan 12, 9:14pm
Most common is through area below windscreen corner, inside guard, down through kick panel area. Unlikely that water will travel up.
Pull the left side kick panel and look for water behind there.

kwdriver, Jan 12, 9:15pm
I have had the same thing and thought it was coming from underside of car, but it turned out to be the front screen. The water was running down behind the dash onto the floor and couldnt be seen when hunting for the leak. I would be inclined to get it resealed and work from there.

herbiem, Jan 12, 9:22pm
Thanks for that everyone. Had water leaks before this one in other cars but this 1 ahs us stumped . We realise water cant run upwards but everything inside car apart from carpet in that 1 area is completely dry. I,m thankful Its raining at moment [we need it] but I dont need this.

robbo36, Jan 12, 9:24pm
If no leak found from the windscreen, then it could be a leak from the heater core or hoses! Check up under the dash behind the glovebox. What make / model of car do you have!

herbiem, Jan 12, 9:27pm
81 Mitzy Sigma

budgel, Jan 12, 9:28pm
My son's car had that problem, it turned out to be water getting between the glass and rubber on the passenger's door and coming out behind the door card. the bottom of the door had over a litre of water in it!
Opening up the drain holes in the door was the answer for us.

un_known, Jan 12, 9:28pm
yep id say its the heater core. checked the level of your radiator recently

herbiem, Jan 12, 9:34pm
All drain holes r clean and radiator is all good. Looks like we go check windowscreen 1st. Thank everyone.

intrade, Jan 12, 10:28pm
Most common would be rubber on windscreen lets water inside you wont easy see it you would have to shove down some napkins and use a hose on windscreen to see ifnapkins get wet below the dashboard. Rust is a other big possiblity on one of these.

ninja_man, Jan 12, 10:32pm
i also have the same problem, it seems to be coming from the windscreen. is it possible to fix myself or get someone to do it

intrade, Jan 12, 11:18pm
What car year and can you tell if it is glued in or rubber seal!
if you cant tell then you need a professinal. to do it for you

ninja_man, Jan 12, 11:41pm
1997 integra type r. Not sure if it is rubber seal or not

vtecintegra, Jan 12, 11:43pm
This is for an earlier model, but the process should be fairly similar for your car: http://www.nzintegra.com/footwell.html

richard198, Jan 13, 1:43am
It won't be dry behind the kick panels.

intrade, Jan 13, 1:57am
81 sigma is higly likely just a rubber on windscreen . the ninjaman one will be glued in= no removal without braking DIY rubber screen like 81 sigma bush out with plastic tool like screwdriver and pull back in with rope. diy possibile with small know-how