Barn find. Whats a 1971 monaro 2 door worthhas some rust but not a majorengine and box out but therels 6 cyl chrome all there bu

Page 1 / 2
doomy999, Jan 1, 12:36am
whats a 1971 Monaro 2 door worth.
has some rust, but not a major.
engine and box out, but there.!LS 6 cyl
Chrome all there but stripped off.
Upholstery all intact.
Been locked away in a garage for the last 15 years or more.
Isee nothing under 44k on trademe at the moment but obviously they are in good nick.
Any thoughts to possible value!

msigg, Jan 1, 12:42am
$15,000 to right buyer!

doomy999, Jan 1, 12:48am
Wasnt there one that sold recently that was virtually a shell, and it sold for 6k with no id tags andno number plates. Did anyone see that auction!

If Im correct about that, then 15k for the barnfind one would sound about right to me too,.

edangus, Jan 1, 3:11am
If its a legit 6 it may be worth more to a fanatic.

petermcg, Jan 1, 3:28am
1971 could be an HQ or an HG which is it.

theram1, Jan 1, 3:30am
LS is an HQ I think

doomy999, Jan 1, 3:34am
Good point petermcg. For some reason I thought it was an HT.
I was talking to the guy that owned it and he said it was either a 71 or 72.
So it must be the HQ shape.
Now that makes it more interesting in my eyes.
I was supposed to go around and take a look at it but I run out of time and never got there. Im heading back down that way in a few weeks and am hoping its still sitting there when i get back.

doomy999, Jan 1, 3:35am
He's asking a hell of a lot less than 15k for it too which makes it even more interesting

jmma, Jan 1, 3:35am
Yes (o:

doomy999, Jan 1, 3:38am
yes that was the part I was concerned with. Being a 6 instead of an 8 would make quite a difference to value too I would imagine.

So maybe Im being overly optimistic at 15k as is.
Not that I would be prepared to pay anything like that for it myself.
I can get it for under half that.

ofive, Jan 1, 3:41am
No chance for 15k. If it has rust showing it has rust hidden and interior being 'intact' says to me not in great condition.
Without pictures it could be worth anywhere from 4k to 10k.

theram1, Jan 1, 3:50am
I had an HQ and while under the dash changing the stereo I could see the sky.

jmma, Jan 1, 4:04am
We had a dial on ours, we could change it while we were driving, that's if we didn't like that station (o:

msigg, Jan 1, 4:05am
Yea if its an hq then only worth half the value of an ht

petermcg, Jan 1, 4:28am
I had a 71 HQ monaro coupe origonally a 6 cyl with a 3 spd on the column, Was 253, 4 spd stick with a gts dash and bits when I got it.

murray55, Jan 1, 9:29am
Hmmmm barn find "classic" .think of a number then add a zero, make sure you mention it's 99% complete, sad to see it go, no wof but should fly thr one, "mint" this and that, too many projects, gets heaps of looks, great for beach hop etc etc .

edangus, Jan 1, 9:53am
An unmodded genuine LS would be getting very hard to find. Especially when you consider how many have been butchered with a V8.

Might even be worth flicking off to OZ. They used to pay good money for our old HQs etc

chebry, Jan 1, 8:16pm
Monaro dash cluster is worth a grand to begin with and a LS 6 is as rare as and probably not original. Up spec holdens of the HQ flavour were usually V8 powered for the NZ market to justify the prices asked.

doomy999, Jan 1, 9:14pm
Its original.
check wiki

edangus, Jan 1, 9:23pm
Offer them $2K and chuck it on here. If I had the spare $$ and room I would be in.
I am sure many would.

Rego Number! LOL

lazeeboy, Jan 1, 9:32pm
The LS monaro wasn't considered "upmarket" by any means, even the V8 LS.in the 80's these were known as " the poor man's monaro"

Straight off the showroom floor the Statesman was the most expensive, that was considered to be upmarket at the time.

les6, Jan 2, 5:52am
so you bought your viva instead!

tuttyclan, Jan 2, 8:12am
No already had the Viva,Victor,Sigma and Civic already.

theram1, Jan 2, 8:18am
cresta, velox, humber, singer!.

trogedon, Jan 2, 8:56am
You were putting the stereo in the wrong place!