geminidragon, Jan 2, 5:13am
thinking of buying one all leather electric seats etc.fully loaded .cheers

lazzo, Jan 2, 5:15am
Here goes.

00quattro00, Jan 2, 5:24am
What engine!

thejazzpianoma, Jan 2, 5:49am
+1
Also, when (Time and Milage) was the last cambelt service done!

geminidragon, Jan 2, 6:13am
2.8 litre v6 157 k service every 10.000 k drives very well cant tell you about cambelt at this stage

thejazzpianoma, Jan 2, 6:24am
2.8 is not as desirable as the 3.0 but still a great car.

How recently the timing belt has been done and whether its been done properly (incl waterpump, tensioners, thermostat) will have quite a bearing on price. Likewise ask about transmission service history.

Allow at least $2000 for a full timing belt service and transmission service with everything done properly. Don't be put off by this as realistically any similar car will cost around that, just allow for it.

Depending on condition and timing belt I would price it in the range of $3500 - $7500 for a sedan, more for a wagon. That's a private sale price range and a good deal at that.

Excellent choice of vehicle, would be about my first pick in a large car of that price range. We have had two in the family, both fault free, lovely cars and surprisingly economical for a big 4WD car.

thejazzpianoma, Jan 2, 6:24am
2.8 is not as desirable as the 3.0 but still a great car.

How recently the timing belt has been done and whether its been done properly (incl waterpump, tensioners, thermostat) will have quite a bearing on price. Likewise ask about transmission service history.

Allow at least $2000 for a full timing belt service and transmission service with everything done properly. Don't be put off by this as realistically any similar car will cost around that, just allow for it.

Depending on condition and timing belt I would price it in the range of $3500 - $7500 for a sedan, more for a wagon. That's a private sale price range and a good deal at that.

Excellent choice of vehicle, would be about my first pick in a large car of that price range. We have had two in the family, both fault free, lovely cars and surprisingly economical for a big 4WD car.

I would suggest you inquire about who has been servicing it and what oil has been used. Feel free to update us with this information.

the-lada-dude, Jan 2, 9:55pm
as long as your only thinking about it, you'll be fine