Tyres. My toyota corolla needs new tyres i think i did a little skid the other day in the wet no damage and for some time now hi

Page 2 / 2
intrade, Jan 2, 6:56am
my gt radials are 0406thats 2004 the 6th week of that year manufactured , so that 6 year old now and has almost 0 grip in the wet. the bridgestones are almost new on my vw with also real poor wetgrip. dry is ok , but i will fit michelin pilot sport or something and get rid of the shopping trolly bridgstone crap.
cbd 3210 on them thats be the date i would guess 32 week in 2010. manufactured
that would make the other date 8 year if they do it the same way.

intrade, Jan 2, 6:57am
look at the link i posted and look where number 7 is on the immage discription its not easy to find and i am not sure if all manufacturer put the date or not when its for non eu markets.

intrade, Jan 2, 7:10am
the only thing it could be from that is the 3 digits
476 be the week 47 in 1996, but that would make em 16 yars old

40wav, Jan 2, 7:22am
So, do your tyres get yelled at by pirates much! All tyres are good for up to 15 "Yarrrs"!, but the 16th will be too much, and the tyres then become hard and slippery in the wet.
I worked near the wharf for a while and only got 6 months out of a set of tyres. Bloody pirates!

intrade, Jan 2, 7:24am
its actuarly 6 years when they say to biff tyres, so if his that old then they are a good brand.

edangus, Jan 2, 7:28am
For me it would be Yoko A drives or or Bridgestone Ecopias

About $120 - $150 a piece

Don't touch Hankook they are slippery as all heck in the wet in my experience.

jhan, Jan 2, 9:29am
I remember getting a new set a few years after I purchased the car in 2002, maybe 2004/05. When I purchased the car it had done about 30,000 kms, now its done 106,000, so maybe I've already had 50,000 on that set.

thejazzpianoma, Jan 2, 9:47am
Yip, tires are likely well hardened after that time, I think you will really notice a difference with new ones.

jhan, Jan 4, 1:41am
Those tyre were made mid 2005 I found out today, so I'm looking for quotes. The guy said they rarely see NZ made tyres on cars today like mine, he said the tyres they have now are far safer and better made.