Hyundai iLoad 2.5 diesel

ghostdemon, Jan 20, 6:17am
Opinions re this vehicle also Volkswagen T5 Transporter 2.0 diesel versus A Toyota Hiace 3.0 diesel

splinter67, Jan 20, 6:41am
They are all good vans what are you going to do with it!

ghostdemon, Jan 20, 6:57am
Work vehicle have owned a toyota hiace petrolfrom early 2000s and just looking at other makes 2nd hand from 2010 onwards just long term reliability really and love to hear opinions from this rather informed forum thanks

mugenb20b, Jan 20, 7:51am
i Load is very good. Nice smooth transmissions, quiet and powerful engines.

ericshanluck, Jan 20, 8:18am
No complaints, Have had mine since august 2009. Plenty of power, got a lot of space in the back. the road handling is excellent for its size. the diff lock works very well and has got me out of trouble a few times. (Not a true diff lock as it uses the brakes to lock the spinning wheel) Only thing that has given trouble is the aircon relay. It was 1month out of warranty, manukau hyundai sorted it out and only charged me for the part. Im actually thinking of trading mine in soon, probably going to go for an auto this time round.

yudasgoat2000, Jan 21, 8:44am
Hyundai iLoad/iMax is a Korean copy of Mercedez Benz Vito/Viano, isn't it!

thejazzpianoma, Jan 21, 9:44am
The Toyota is a complete joke, absurdly over priced (both new and used), thirsty, insanely dangerous in a crash (not even legal for sale in many first world country's), and known for expensive engine problems. Toyota themselves no longer make any Hiace vans except for the run-out long wheelbase third world special which we get because people in this country are Japanese vehicle obsessed so are stupid enough to buy it. Buy a Hiace in most developed countries and you will now get a re-badged Fiat, Toyota themselves have admitted they can no longer compete in this segment as they have been so far left behind.

The ILoad is a Hyundai product, which means again its over priced in NZ and Hyundai have been known to try and wash their hands of these vehicles when they have expensive problems while still quite new.The ILoad is also comparatively thirsty and high maintenance.

The T5 in manual or DSG with the 2.0 is a great choice, but not so good with the older regular auto/2.5 engine.

Also, consider the Fiat and Mercedes options both of which are fair competitors to the VW.

splinter67, Jan 21, 4:26pm
All 3 vans have their down points but not as many as Jazz will have you believe. The Toyota has a few mechanical problems but only if not serviced correctly. The Hyundai is a bastard to drive for the first month or so until you get used to not being able to see the left hand side of the bonnetbut you soon get used to that . The vw parts still take longer to get here than the other 2 make and they need a bash plate fitted underneath to protect the belts. the vw has a lower floor than the other 2. Having driven all 3 vans the Hyundai has the most grunt and imo the nicest drivers compartment

ghostdemon, Jan 24, 9:25am
Thanks to the community have taken all these comments onboard I am nowlooking at a Toyota hilux 2wd low kms and not too badly priced many thank again

thejazzpianoma, Jan 24, 9:43am
Hilux has long past had its day, they are expensive, unreliable, comparably thirsty, high maintenance and lacking in refinement and technology.

Don't be fooled by the lingering popularity based on past reputation and those brainwashed into being too scared to drive anything else.