Hampton Downs. Worth going the rumble of the canam cars all the f5000would give a jelly fish a woody

Page 1 / 2
twink19, Jan 17, 5:06am
worth going, the rumble of the Canam cars, + all the F5000would give a jelly fish a woody

floscey, Jan 17, 9:14pm
i went to the first one (Bruce Mclaren festival) . The sound at the start of the F5000 races was worth the entry fee alone.

chevcamaro, Jan 17, 10:01pm
sex

twink19, Jan 18, 5:28am
there are 32 F5000, & heaps of mustle cars, group A saloons and more

singing1, Jan 18, 6:29am
There are some seriously gorgeous race cars there today.will be an AWESOME weekend.

mokaubach, Jan 18, 7:25am
A very cool friendly meeting without pretentious tossers and show ponies. There are some seriously well monied people there but all are humble and friendly based on other years. See you there.

twink19, Jan 18, 8:59am
come and see us garage 6

twindizzy, Jan 18, 9:40pm

socram, Jan 19, 7:15am
Paddock car park was full today before 11am and the outer park also looked busy.Great atmosphere.

ghostdemon, Jan 19, 7:34am
top day weather perfect and the sound of the canan cars awsome Got some great video recomend

twink19, Jan 20, 4:59am
welll 3 days of great racing, pity it never gets any real tv coverage. The presentation of the grounds was first class,

socram, Jan 20, 6:03am
Some classes were televised twink. Was chatting to Phil Dark yesterday.F5000, BMW and one other were being recorded today for later showing.Cost of televising, even for later viewing, is not cheap so unless a sponsor steps up for each class, it isn't going to happen.

Live TV is never going to happen.

Agree about the grounds - and the PA system is vastly improved over last year.I hope there is a massive crowd for next weekend too.Excellent fresh coffee and a mince and cheese pie - $8.50. (I skipped the healthy sarnies but was craving a pie!)

twink19, Jan 20, 6:50am
I realise it will never get live TV, unless their is an All black driving a car, but some news item would be good,

esprit, Jan 20, 7:35am
Fantastic weekend's racing. Never really liked the F5000s before because other than one or two cars out front it was essentially an exhibition race with old codgers pedalling their cars around at 60%. now, however it's genuine racing throughout the field with some great little tussles.

Seeing Angus Fogg desperately trying to hold off the Aussie Muscle cars in his Mini and Jason Leifting in the Lotus Type 47 Europa having a genuine David-and-Goliath battle with the Corvettes all weekend were sure-fire highlights and made my weekend.

The commentary was vastly better and will try tuning in on the FM next week with my earphones so I can hear more of it when the cars go past.

Also going to try and see if I can't buy myself an apartment in time for next year ;)

singing1, Jan 20, 10:05pm
Also going to try and see if I can't buy myself an apartment in time for next year. espirit.

I do know of a an apartment for sale.in a good spot too and not yet advertised.

What a fantastic weekend. How did you enjoy the show and shine park!

esprit, Jan 20, 10:13pm
Yeah, there's a few for sale. sure seems more fun than ploughing $600k into some leaky crapbox in a rubbish suburb in Auckland! If I can get a good internet connection down there I'd even consider living there full time! :)

Show and shine was all good, although I didn't make any special effort to make the car look any good, and I wasn't going to stand a chance of winning anything with those Lamborghinis there ;)

saki, Jan 20, 10:41pm
How did Jim Richards go in the Texaco Sierra Cosworth !

esprit, Jan 20, 10:44pm
He was only doing demonstration drives in that one, not racing it which was a shame. He was racing one of his old BMW 635CSi JPS cars

elect70, Jan 21, 3:22am
SeemsAngus Fogthought he was in a v8 supercardoing love taps, some drivers wererather annoyed .supposed to be gentlemens racing notstockcars .Still brilliant weekend & goes to showage isnt a barrierwith Ken Smith now 72& he wasnt the oldest driver there , few whitehairs amongst them

socram, Jan 21, 4:39am
We have internet down there as apartments in the rental pool have to have it (costs a fair bit each month), but it is via ethernet cable in the unit, not WiFi.
Due to my age and a lack of paid work these days, (thanks to most manufacturing heading off to China) I'd sell ours, but only at the right price.But if a couple of investments mature before anyone buys it, I'll pay of the mortgage and happily keep it, as long term, it is still a good investment and it means I can keep the competition car down there without worrying about trailers, WoF, rego, authority cards etc.

scarey65, Jan 21, 8:49am
Brilliant meeting

And the good
thing you can go pretty much anywhere, dummy grid, garages.

scarey65, Jan 21, 8:52am
Dear john

Please give ken smith a knighthood

How many 71year olds can do what he does

Legend

esprit, Jan 21, 9:14am
That's fine about the internet, it's something I'd need to look into.

I'd be able to buy one with a pretty tiny mortgage and pay it off in a few years, so it's reasonably attractive compared to something comparable and would enable me to do a bit of my motorsport design work from home.

twink19, Jan 24, 6:51am
its on again this weekend, well worth the trip

sarfa, Jan 24, 7:02am
Hi esprit,
You had better come and talk to me. I'll be parking carsinfield each day . Just ask for Frank.