Wheel alignment in Auckland

ashy8, Jan 21, 7:31am
I'm in need of a wheel alightment around Westgate, anybody know somewhere half desent! Cheers

westwyn, Jan 21, 7:46am
I've had good workmanship and reasonable pricing from 2 in your area- Shelvin at Premier Tyres in Lincoln Road (behind Washworld) is pretty good, with late-model gear. Also- Davy Tyres in Central Park Drive, behind Repco, worth a try. Both have done a good job on my cars, although this is MY experience, I'd never be so silly as to guarantee the same for anybody else!

icemans1, Jan 21, 12:21pm
this guy here is good, he does a lot of wheel alignments for race cars

http://www.cylex.co.nz/company/pedders+west+auckland-17963967.html

icemans1, Jan 21, 12:29pm
it's all very well having the latest modern gear (computerized machine) but if a monkey is using it, i have found the wheel alignment can be worse than what it was before they 'fixed' it

sr2, Jan 21, 9:02pm
I'm of the opinion that you need an experienced mechanic not a tyre fitter with a one day "course" under his belt to set up your cars suspension! My preferance would be The Wairau Wheel Alignment Centre in Wairau rd on the Shore, not a big drive from Westgate with the new motorway. I've been using them for over 12 years to set up the race cars suspension and am happy to give Merv and his team a 100% recomendation.

geminidragon, Jan 21, 10:34pm
totally agree still not happy with the way my bighorn handles the road after its alignment

johnf_456, Jan 21, 11:56pm
they are very good. Sometimes it's just about applying logic than going by the workshop manual. Especially with custom cars.

Good advice

tractor9, Jan 22, 4:51am
I have an older car. Even though I live near Westgate, I take the motorway to Newton Road to Andy Harper. Never had a problem.

edangus, Jan 22, 6:04am
Mullins - Avondale.

I used to drive to Silverdale to have it done (Personal Trusted Friend), these guys (Mullins) have saved me mileage, time and gas.

chevcamaro, Jan 22, 9:31am
new lynn wheel alignment, opposite A1 panelbeaters , just down from n z towing , i can't think of the street to save myself , been there forever, old school technology lol
crum ave new lynn

whqqsh, Jan 22, 4:16pm
a bit out of your way but I use Herb Morgans in Onehunga & just had a wheel alignment done in my 'coon (she was a bit 'toey' & had a shimmy at some speeds) & now she 's good as gold

socram, Jan 23, 6:02am
Agree, but Merv has gone fishing.Caesar is still the man there though.

sr2, Jan 23, 6:27am
LOL, Caesar is the one we have set our car up!