Idea's for an Economical Car that is Fun to drive

Page 2 / 2
beast9, Jan 14, 7:45am
94 bh mazda familia boring as hell but good on gas manual 5.8l 100k auto 6.8l 100k for the z5 models cheap to buy and cheap on parts common as

incar., Jan 14, 9:53am
No link to the DSG box for $3500 yet! lol

audi_s_ate, Jan 14, 6:57pm
Haha that's what I expected

thejazzpianoma, Jan 17, 9:42am
No not including fitting, $3500 for a reconditioned one just seems to be about the going rate when they pop up on here from time to time. You can usually pick up a brand new one ex the states or U.K for about $3500 plus freight and GST too. Have a look on ebay for new and used. Plus that is 'worst case scenario' usually DSG problems are just valve body or clutch and its cost effective to replace the individual part.

But really, the DSG is about as reliable as automatic transmissions get (Go and look at the warranty numbers). Sure, you will come across broken ones from time to time, but so you should given it would have to be about the most popular automated transmission in the world. Remember too that not all faults are the manufacturers plenty of idiots around to do stupid things to them.

People need to stop treating them as some oddball rarity too, there is not that much Audi/VW/Skoda product not running a DSG nowadays making up some of the most popular cars in the world. We have had zero issues with the several DSG'sin the family, in all the years of slagging them on here we have not even had one owner (that I have seen anyway) with one break on them, appear on the boards. (But there was a huge troll fest when they thought one might have failed and it turned out to be a misdiagnosis). Closest I have seen is the odd person like yourself come across one that is already dodgy or third hand, cousin's Aunty's hairdresser type stories.

You have to remember, this place is full of Jap import peddlers trying to make their old fashioned thirsty and gutless 4 speed auto's compete, reliability is always hard to prove so that's the path they have available to them.

leonard57, Jan 17, 10:31am
the price of gas makes the lawnmower uneconomical so forget it

jmma, Jan 17, 10:35am
Maybe, maybe not. He at least offers something, unlike some other posters. Some, including yourself only appear when jazz posts.
Try offer some advise to the OP, make a difference (o: