Plastic chassis mower

grangies, Jan 25, 2:20am
We have two aluminium Masport mowers. They are nice and light, but double the $$$ of the one in your link.

The good thing about aluminium is that it wont snap, or become brittle from sunburn etc.

petal_91, Jan 25, 2:36am
My Flymo must be 30 years old and its plastic body has not become brittle. It stays in the shed when not in use, so isn't exposed to the sun all that much.

jmma, Jan 25, 3:14am
Do not buiy a Beetle, it is only 16" and a useless chinese POS.
If you really wont plastic, go to a mower shop and ask to see a Testarossa body.
If you want cheap, get a Morrison from Mitre10, make sure you get one with bearings in the wheels, will be easier to push.

mark.52, Jan 25, 3:26am
Get a petrol Flymo.
Just don't get the modern, Chinese version.

curlcrown, Jan 25, 3:39am
Some of the higher spec mowers, whilst relativly heavy and robust, have the wheels running on bearings which reduces friction and makes them very easy to puch, maybe concider a quality second hand one rather than cheap new.

electromic, Jan 25, 5:04am
Agree with Jazz and others above, the parts are a nightmare. They are also unreliable, hard to start and won't last. My neighbours one has only started and finished their lawn 5 or 6 times in the last 3 years.

dr.doolittle, Jan 25, 7:02am
What he said.

drog, Jan 25, 7:52am
'.rubbish chinese motors'.I sorted out an almost new Masport mower for a friend recently. Briggs and Stratton 4 stroke engine. Iconic Kiwi mower with a USA made engine one might have thought. Nope. The entire mower was assembled in China from components manufactured in China. Every bit of it.