Car written off, other driver no insurance

Page 2 / 2
thejazzpianoma, Feb 4, 5:41am
So this is why Police stats re accidents are looking better!
They don't attend non injury accidents, therefore they do not get recorded at all as having happened.[/quote]
More than likely, although in my experience the Police have been semi non-functional for some years now. People just don't realise because most only call on the Police for assistance rarely if ever so assume them to be efficient, pro-active and polite like on T.V.

elect70, Feb 5, 1:41am
Its policeplotto make the accidentstats look better to justifytheirfixation with speed . What nextthey alreadystopped investigatingminorhomeburglaries as well & car thefts

sjm17, Feb 5, 1:48am
Go to the police station and file a police report for the crash.
Then insist on filing a police report for harrassment - for the threats being made via text.
All good grist for the disputes tribunal mill.
Keep all texts/correspondence.

P.S.Are you sure it was a friend driving!Probably the owner, or one of the owners, and they were trying to get out of paying for the damage.

meathead_timaru, Feb 5, 11:28pm
And with them both being drunk, them having insurance wouldn't have helped you either.

cowlover, Feb 6, 10:52am
Poverty has nothing to do with liability. Judge should not let someone off just cause they have no money.They are still liabile if guilty and the collection of the funds then becomes the next step in the chain.

Was it Court or the Disputes Tribunal!

1roade, Feb 6, 11:04am
Yea true about the insurance not covering them so it would not have changed my situation any. It was Disputes Tribunal that let them off

meathead_timaru, Feb 6, 12:41pm
Written off simply means it's uneconomical to repair as in it would cost more to repair than to replace. It's not something only insurance companies can decide.

cowlover, Feb 6, 12:45pm
DT explains a lot.IMHO you should have lodged an application for rehearing.

cowlover, Feb 6, 12:51pm
Sounds to me as if there is no dispute so therefore the DT was the wrong place.

You should have, and still can, filled a civil claim in the District Court.It looks a bit complicated but it's actually quite easy.Can be filled in on line, print 3 copies and trott off to the appropriate court.See here for detailshttp://www.justice.govt.nz/courts/civil/civil-disputes/copy_of_the-claims-process