AU2 Fairmont LSD or not ? (unbeatabull r u there)

desmodave, Feb 3, 8:08pm
Bought 1 in the weekend but i wontget to pick it up for a few days yet. Cant find any info regarding what diff it uses.

johnf_456, Feb 3, 8:12pm
When you get it, just jack it up. Spin the wheels and if both go the same way you have a lsd.

desmodave, Feb 3, 8:30pm
I should be able to tell how well it breaks traction when i nail it i spose. Im just curious to find outit dont matter either way as ive bougt it anyway.

flack88, Feb 3, 8:36pm
Think it depends if it an IRSback end,like the Ghia has,or the straight axle.

franc123, Feb 3, 11:37pm
Would have to have been optioned with it, LSD was only standard on XR6/8 and Fairmont Ghia upwards, in the latter two cases you also got IRS standard, non VCT equipped XR6 had beam axle. IRS may well have been an option on Fairmont but would be pretty rare, it was really only Fairmont Ghia and XR8 that had it in the SWB cars.

desmodave, Feb 3, 11:54pm
Thanks franc123

unbeatabull, Feb 4, 5:09am
Should have a tab on it saying STD or LSD. Was an option, generally XR# models all had LSD

panelvanner, Feb 4, 9:17am
Probably not.

red97, Feb 8, 3:42am
did you ever get that brake line bender (the one i said you would probably never use)! because i blew a brake line today and driving around with just the handbrake is getting scary, especially towing the boat.

rob_man, Feb 8, 4:09am
Lamentable the way the old skills are dying.

quickstitch, Feb 8, 4:21am
unless optioned, no. fairmonts non lsd, fairmont ghias LSD

40wav, Feb 9, 1:53am
x1
When you get it, just look in the rear view mirror. See if there is one black mark or two. Might have to repeat this test a few times to be sure.