Xr6 turbo flash tune

haydennaomi, Feb 12, 5:46am
am going to flash tune my xr6t anyone done this what gains and who did it for you also was it worth the money.ps i dont want to hear how fast your dunnydoor is. cheers

dave.sparky, Feb 12, 7:29am
Had my 2008 XR6T BF done by Eastern Automotive in East Tamaki.
Went from 114kw to 171kw at the rear wheels with over 600nm torque.
Best $1200 I ever spent.
Note had performance air cleaner with secondary air intake from a typhoon.

kiwirod, Feb 12, 7:47am
Just a question. don't they come out with 230kw standard if so do you lose 116kw through the drivechain!
Or have a fair few of your horses gone missing over 5 years

clark20, Feb 12, 8:54am
You should have more than that, my V8 (just for comparison) was 270 at the motor and 210ish at the wheels, now 242 at the wheels (about 310 motor).
It is worth it, you can add intake and exhaust for even more grunt, but do it all at once, no point getting a tune now and then add an intake, it would need another tune to run its best. Have a look at APT in Papakura aptnz.com

dave.sparky, Feb 12, 8:59am
Sorry add 100kw . 214 before and 271 after at the rear wheel. 245kw standard at flywheel.

clark20, Feb 12, 9:00am
It would fly now, big increase. Curse you turbos.

chook90, Feb 12, 9:16am
Been there done that with outstanding results.
Beware though that not all XR6 turbos are the same.

BA for example can not be tuned to the same level as BF without other supporting modifications. BA had notoriously weak valve springs and conrods.
Depending on whether it is auto or manual there will be limitations too.
BTA4 (4 speed BA auto) does not usually like huge increases in torque and wont last long if your tuner doesn't take care. (This is the very reason BA Typhoons did not come out in auto) The BA 5 speed manual is not too keen on big torque either.

DO NOT under any circumstances be talked into a generic or mail order tune and pick your tuner wisely.

Provided you take account of the above the gains are truly worth it. Big HP and torque increases are available, fuel consumption is usually much better and the car will generally feel much more alive.

Depending on age it is often worth going through all the usual xr6t maintenance stuff before you start tuning.

haydennaomi, Feb 13, 6:01am
its a bf with the zf 6speed auto k&n filter and cat back mandrel bent straight pipe

chook90, Feb 13, 7:40am
Then you'll be good for some serious power. Injectors and fuel pump will most likely be the limiting factor but there are HUGE increases to be had before you get that far.

Based on the location listed try Torque Performance. Tons of experience on these and invariably tunes on the safe side. Enjoy, you will be astounded!