Oil/grease marks on concrete

rainrain1, Mar 8, 9:48pm
does anyone know of a way to clean thanks

bill-robinson, Mar 8, 10:40pm
bleach, water, and scrub with a stiff brush

neville48, Mar 8, 10:55pm
if stains are still there after the oil has been removed, use CLR. Mitre10 Mega have it for 20 bux, it is mildley acidic and also helps tp put the lighter coloured bleached look back into the concrete.

rainrain1, Mar 9, 1:33am
Thanks neville48, will give it a go.
will try the bleach first

beast9, Mar 9, 8:37am
if its on concrete pour some petrol on it to soften it then sprinkle a reasonable amount of cement powder on it and leave it for a bit then brush it up and hose off works well to

kevymtnz, Mar 9, 8:42am
scrub with laundry powder hose off

morrisman1, Mar 9, 8:44am
just do a skid on it.

franc123, Mar 9, 8:58am
washing powder is the most effective if you haven't got access to anything else or don't want to splash out on fancy chemicals.

treachug, Mar 9, 10:20am
Wet & forget Shower Witch is great for removing oil stains from clothes, driveways etc.ohh also works on showers like it was made for.lol

rainrain1, Mar 9, 7:15pm
the mind boggles

supernova2, Mar 9, 9:36pm
A scub with kero, rinse with a hose,thenthe laundry power will work better.

strobo, Mar 9, 9:55pm
red /black spray can of degreaser $5 odd from suparrrcheeep autos then simply hose off ,not into the storm drain though! " envoirnmental (sp)issues" the oil or grease may disperse but the stain will probably remain , maybe caustic soda Sodium hydroxide (NaOH),or something acid may get it finally.with a light dusting of fine sand.

rainrain1, Mar 9, 10:36pm
I am now spoilt for choice, eeny meeny miny mo.ta everyone

budgel, Mar 11, 12:34am
Come back when you have done it and tell us what worked!

tup, Mar 11, 1:19am
Degreaser.just did it this morning to the oil stains here. whipped them off no worries. ,and CHEAP!I've tried all sorts of stuff that didn't work before finding simple and cheap degreaser in a can.:)

pfemstn, Mar 11, 6:50pm
brake clean or similar works well also! spray on wipe off

timmo1, Mar 11, 10:01pm
Avoid the '30 Seconds' degreaser spray- I got some from Bunnings and it is absolutely useless- Doesn't cut through any grease, let alone automotive related oils and grease.

The Supercheap stuff is pretty good for small stains etc.

texastwo, Mar 11, 10:25pm
On another thread elsewhere the suggestion was cocacola. Cant see it myself.

neville48, Mar 12, 8:31am
"Things go better with Coke" so it must work!

reeve2, Mar 12, 7:49pm
let laundry powder absorb mess for a few days then scrub up.