How come 10c difference in petrol price?

tgray, Mar 8, 4:00am
If margins are so tight, how come Mobil Avondale consistently charges 10c less per litre than everyone else and still manges to make a profit!
(Currently $2.10 whilst the BP down the road is $2.20)
This is not a plug as I have no connection or financial interest with their business, it's just that I travel to Avondale on a regular basis and always notice they are 10c cheaper than all the other stations.

bumfacingdown, Mar 8, 4:04am
Used as a loss leader perhaps!
What do their in store prices compare to others!

gmphil, Mar 8, 4:05am
last week in takanini z $220 per litre same as mobil but bp in gull $2,06 a litre all four are within half a k of each other

thetyredepotnz, Mar 8, 4:07am
$2.06 in East Tamaki area. all of them, gull, caltex, Z and mobil. dunno bout BP, dont even look at their prices.

intrade, Mar 8, 5:46am
they got there AA card scams going so they charge 10 cent more that you can get 6 cent off with the AA card.

aktow, Mar 8, 1:46pm
that high,, its $2.04 - $2.06 where i go plus you get 6 cents off when you use fuel discount

n3d4sp3d, Mar 8, 7:16pm
about a week ago there was a 20 cent difference here in Rotoruaon petrol and 10 cents on diesel was funny to see which was the busy station for the week

steptoe72, Mar 8, 7:38pm
Maybe becuase that Mobil is owned by a man who works thier and that BP is owned by a corparation. who want to sell coffee and pies and if you buy their petrol your a sucker.as the price is more because its a cafe petrol station.

steptoe72, Mar 8, 7:41pm
Hey if all supermarket petrol discounts were stopped the price of petrol would drop 50 cents a litre, as they have inflated the price to cover discounts.Just like when flybys came in . everything went up.you dont get anything for free its built into the price.

trader_84, Mar 8, 7:46pm
Another reason to dislike the strangle hold and influence these two supermarkets exert on things.

steptoe72, Mar 8, 7:52pm
Problem with that is "LEVERS"they own one of the biggest supermarket bunch of brand names plus they own 1/2 of the brand names they sell and you buy everyday. .
No way can anther supermarket own when the biggest force owns most of the brands.Look how much stuff is in your house , with Levers being the owner of the brand.