Sick of cars being advertised for $0 or near offer

Page 2 / 2
unideck, Mar 4, 12:04am
^ All you have to do then is ask the seller if he will take what your offering - or call him - or walk away :)

kazbanz, Mar 4, 1:02am
Acuallydarn it --I've just "reported" this thread to TM to see if we can get some sort of "official" response from them. Lets see what happens

mrfxit, Mar 4, 1:22am
#2 Why can't I bid my best offer if it's lower than the start price!
A: You can, whatever auto bid you place goes to the top of the pile regardless of reserve.

#2 Why can't that offer be extended to the seller once his auction closes!
A: The seller can seewhat bids were made & decide on who they may want to offer whatever price to them (FPO from "watchers list")

#3 Why can't the seller consider and perhaps accept my offer because now he realises his initial start price was far above market value!
A: (FPO from "watchers list")
Plus usage of the Q&A on auctions & email directly via "Classifieds"

mrfxit, Mar 4, 1:24am
LOL . OH. JUST . GREAT .

NOTICE everybody . NO SWEARING allowed now

daryl14, Mar 4, 7:03am
Nah, None of that is good enough and none of that is really done through the Trade me channels or really allows the potential buyer to take the lead. You can't auto bid less than the start price.
You can't make offers after the auction is finished.
How many lost sales do TM rack up due to this!

aragorn2003, Mar 4, 7:06am
I like how Ebay have a make your best offer bid , maybe TM need to think about this and as above , let buyers be able to make the offers after sale

daryl14, Mar 4, 7:07am
I like everything about ebay, It puts TM to shame.

mrfxit, Mar 4, 8:24am
AArrhh you mean that you want it so that the buyer/bidder can make an offer after the auction finishes without selling

murray55, Mar 4, 8:28am
Exactly ! .do some research and pay what you think it is worth. An advertised price these days is meaningless .a car like anything will sell for whatever someone is prepared to pay, so when you see some rusty old wreck advertised for $10,000 and the truth is in the end someone will only pay $1000, so be it.

kazbanz, Mar 4, 7:12pm
Sorry bro :-( but I figure its a question TM should front up and answer

daryl14, Mar 4, 8:34pm
There have been hundreds of threads in category suggestions etc, with great ideas for trade me Motors, search options etc. None of it has ever been implemented. Don't hold your breath fellas.