Legnum Advice

daniel993, Feb 28, 11:15pm
Link is blank.

daniel993, Feb 28, 11:30pm
From what i have just read sounds as the 2.5 V6 is a very thirsty car

a.woodrow, Feb 28, 11:38pm
The 1800 is a GDI motor which have all sorts of issues.

mugenb20b, Feb 28, 11:44pm
Out of those two, I'd get a V6, GDi engines do give problems, but Legnums also eat torque converters, the splines shear off. To replace one of those, the transmission needs to come out.

franc123, Feb 28, 11:51pm
They're both too old and overpriced for their age. The second one would be an early GDI model which should be avoided completely, its also done too many k's. At least if you have a lowish km V6 one you will know what your fuel expenses will be and can budget for it, if you're foolish enough to buy an 1800GDI expect to have an ongoing battle to keep it running properly and have the random garage bills to prove it. Post 2000 models were better buys as some of the design faults had been sorted. You notice a lot when these things are for sale that there won't be engine bay pictures or closeups of the tailgate etc where the GDI badges are for obvious reasons.

desmodave, Feb 28, 11:54pm
On the left of your screen there is a message board search option. Where it says Keyword or Member write Legnum and you can go back 12 months to every thread started asking questions about the car you want to know about.

rednsr, Feb 28, 11:59pm
Your Brother should spend the money on used hypodermic needles and poke himself with them instead.

He's less likely to suffer doing that than owning a Legnum A.K.A Numleg.

therafter1, Mar 1, 2:19am
Yep, in my experience the smartest thing that you can do with a Legnumb is leave it where it is as that decreases the possibility of numb legs.

daniel993, Mar 1, 2:29am
Well i will avoid them i think.Thanks everyone for your help.

phillip.weston, Mar 1, 3:15am
I would go for the V6, that one looks to be 2WD rather than the 4WD one which is the model which tends to strip torque converter splines.

I had a '97 25ST-R 2.5 V6 tiptronic 4WD with 120km on the clock and it was a good machine - I ended up selling it almost 3 years ago for $4250 so the price of that green V6 one is a bit high considering that it's not the most tidy example.

I reckon for the price it's hard to beat a Legnum in that sector, so long as you get the right one. The NZ-new Galant wagon is a much better alternative in my opinion, but finding one in 2.5 V6 (the best engine) is getting hard.

I've had a few of the 2.5 V6 Galants and Legnums and I didn't find their fuel consumption excessive, but I guess they weren't outstanding either. The 5spd manual 2.5 V6 Galant sedan I had would average 10-11L/100km of combined driving and get down to 7.5-8L/100km on pure open road driving.

807, Mar 1, 3:46am
was just going to post"phillip will tell you"and here he is !

crudeawakening, Mar 1, 4:35am
NEVER BUY GDI - from an auto electrician :)

daniel993, Mar 2, 10:16pm
Thanks for that info.

lazzo, Mar 2, 10:46pm
Any V6 in the Legnum is good, stay clear of GDi