Your advice please. Triumph Stag body amess

jills3, Feb 18, 9:55pm
Areal rust bucket, 3 litre V8, auto, do you think anybody would be interested in this rust bucket or chaps please tell us how to make afew dollars from it, thanks alot.

thejazzpianoma, Feb 18, 9:57pm
List it, you might be surprised.

jills3, Feb 18, 10:05pm
Hi thejazzplanoma,the car looks so bad I would be ashamed to put a picture up.Hubby is an old hoarder,we also have a audi GT which isnt as bad but not good.So easy to put a tarp over them for another few years,but I have had enough of looking at tarps over old cars.

hopie, Feb 18, 10:25pm
Ill list it and we can go 50/50 if you want

chevcamaro, Feb 18, 10:38pm
hopie i like your attitude, u gotta be in to win

pfemstn, Feb 18, 10:48pm
lots of people would be interested as a parts car! so list it!

socram, Feb 19, 12:23am
Always wanted one.Second best car I have ever driven is a NZ Stag fitted with a 5 litre TVR engine and uprated brakes etc.Contact the Stag owner's club and the TR Club, as there are always people interested in buying.If I was younger, I'd be very keen.

carstauranga001, Feb 19, 2:05am
socram which block is your appartment in! I had a great day visiting people in one in the McLaren block on Sunday.

jills3, Feb 19, 2:06am
Great idea about calling Stag owners club.socram thank you.

elect70, Feb 19, 2:28am
An auto stagWTF !cant be origonal.Someonewill buy itput it up for $5g .Only take$10gto restore

sas777, Feb 19, 3:06am
I have a very good friend who is a Triumph fanatic. Spent a lot of time in the pub just listening. According to him, a lot of Stags were sold to upper end rental outfits which operated from airports etc. They only specified autos.

socram, Feb 19, 6:00am
Next door - Amon.We don't go to the large meetings so I wouldn't have been there!I won't ask whose unit you were in.

The only UK Stag I ever sat in and moved across a car park for my boss, was also auto.Popular conversion is the Rover V8 as early cars particularly, weren't cared for correctly but there is a lot more info around now, but if the body is genuinely rotten, (very expensive to fix) then sadly, it may indeed only be good for spares.

petermcg, Feb 19, 7:18am
List them for parts and that wont cost anything, I want to see some pictures now.

trogedon, Feb 19, 8:14am
Practical Classics car mag had one as a feature restoration (there is a book on it). The body is reasonably complex and they spent many hours on it.

jills3, Feb 19, 9:06am
If I can figure out how to put a pic on here, I will take acouple of photos tomorrow and give you lot areal shock/laugh.

sas777, Feb 22, 1:19am
jills3 - pics!
Bump

skin1235, Feb 22, 5:31am
sorry socram, just re-read your post, had missed the fact they had already upload for auctions previously