Ford Falcon Remote Control AU 2

desmodave, Feb 21, 1:25am
Central locking remote control for a Ford Falcon AU II . Fore sale on here for $125 . Is that about as cheap as they get ! or is there a better buy to be had elsewhere.

theram1, Feb 21, 1:28am
sounds like a cock up.

desmodave, Feb 21, 1:40am
Im abit deaf so what's the cock up.

mopsy3, Feb 21, 1:43am
Go to Mr Minit.

jmma, Feb 21, 1:43am
Someones picking on your spelling again dave, Fore as in skin, should be for.

jmma, Feb 21, 1:56am
Fair call (o:

desmodave, Feb 21, 2:01am
Oh no i see an e. I did a d earlyer, i wonder whats next.

theram1, Feb 21, 2:09am
don't let me put you off, some things you come up with are fast and funny.

jmma, Feb 21, 2:16am
Maybe an I instead of the Y, keep going, you will get the whole alphabet soon (o:

mopsy3, Feb 21, 2:43am
I have bought 2 remotes (not AU ones but BF ones) from Mr Minit for $130 each including pairing with the car.

motor10, Feb 21, 3:01am
If you find them cheaper, let me know, as I'm after one too!I have 2 of the b****rs, and they don't work!& yes, before anyone says anything, I have changed the battery etc!

Wonder why these remotes were only produced for AU2 & AU3.Maybe its because they are such c**p remotes!

I have seen the ute ones cheaper, I'm beginning to think "how desperate am I to have the boot button!"

franc123, Feb 21, 3:40am
LMAO doesn't anybody know to fix ANYTHING these days in this silly throwaway society! The most common problem with those later AU remotes is pretty easy for those who use their brains and are handy with a small soldering iron. It ain't rocket science. But no, far easier to moan about the cost of replacements instead

desmodave, Feb 21, 3:51am
I don't have 1 to fix, the car didn't come with 1. The closest Ford dealer that is over 200km away said something like $139 ex Auckland + $40 to program it.

whqqsh, Feb 21, 4:11am
Go to the wreckers, buy any old remote & use this method:
1. Switch the ignition from off (0) to accessory (1) position.
2. Press the rear demister button 3 times within 5 seconds. The door locks will cycle to indicate the system is in learn mode.
3. Press the unlock button on all keypads, one after the other.
4. Turn the ignition off. The door locks will cycle again to indicate training was successful.

This will probably set the keypads to 2 stage unlock, where 1 press of the unlock button opens only the drivers door. 2 presses are required to unlock all doors. If you want all doors to unlock with one press, then with all doors closed, press the lock and unlock buttons simultaneously for 5 seconds on the remote. You can do this individually for all remotes, or have one set to two stage and the other set to single stage unlock.
Def works as the AU I had previously had a stuffed remote when I got it

desmodave, Feb 21, 4:24am
Thanks for that. I read something along those lines in the owners hand book.

daryl14, Feb 21, 5:01am

lusty9, Feb 21, 5:56am
they sell on ebay australia for $30 exchange rate would be about $40-ish and all you do is press the lock button whilst pressing the lock button situated on the dash at the same time to connect the remote.

unbeatabull, Feb 22, 3:38am
Agree, have had lots of old remotes thrown out that I have quietly fixed up the broken/old solder joint in!

Access locksmiths in CHCH do them as well, pretty sure they are around $120 mark for a new (Aftermarket) one.