Vc valiant brakes

afer_daily, Mar 27, 2:58am
just had them " serviced ". driven less than a mile / pedal has gone hardand brakes have locked up . got it back to the workshop" mechanic "fixes them again !and they lockupagain .mechanicsays it must be the auto adjusters / might have to take them out !any thoughts out there .!

saki, Mar 27, 3:31am
Mechanic has screwed up and blaming the adjusters they are there for a reason.

bjmh, Mar 27, 3:32am
the only problem i've seen like that is the adjusters were swapped left to right,if i remember one is left hand thread.if fitted on the wrong side it will keep winding on.If when the brakes are locked on and you release the line pressure.i.e loosen the pipe into wheel cylinders and the wheel starts turning it could be something wrong with the master cylinder.

kamitchell, Mar 27, 4:11am
The auto adjusters can also play up if the return springs stretch. I've also had a brake seize where the flexible hose blocks and won't allow the fluid to return. If everything was done right the auto adjusters should rarely give problems.

supernova2, Mar 27, 6:08am
If the auto adjusters are in the correct side and assembled correctly the problem is in your Master cylinder.Are all 4 wheels locking up or just the rear!

turfmech, Mar 27, 8:35am
Has the mechanic played around with the pedal pushrod to the master cylinder. If he has adjusted it and there is no free play at the pedal the master cyl bypass port might be blocked because the piston can't fully return. This problem usually occurs as the brakes heat up. Next time it does it if you know how crawl underneath and release one of the wheel cylinder bleeding nipples and see if the fluid is under pressure. Nip up the nipple and see if the car now rolls freely.

jmma, Mar 27, 8:44am
Make sure handbrake is on(o:

snoopy221, Mar 27, 1:13pm
vc valiant brakes

Over adjusted IMHO

Reality is ya need a decent old skool mechanic who KNOWS WHAT HE'S DOIN.

See ya up in aucks
dial 0800racebrakes or
google race brakes

John will hopefully put ya on to someone.K

afer_daily, Mar 28, 6:15pm
UPDATE.it appesrs its only the front brakes thats affected !giong to pull the drums off myself and have a look . cant do any harm(i hope). thanks to snoopy 221 .i know race brakes / new north rd ,,kings land ,,ta mate .

kamitchell, Mar 28, 8:19pm
Pitty I no longer have my old workshop manuals. But here's a link, about 3/4 way down the page there is a diagrams of self adjusting brakes.
http://kksouri.blogspot.co.nz/2010_07_01_archive.html

whqqsh, Mar 28, 8:24pm
remove adjusters that have worked fine on all sorts of cars for over half a century! maybe the 'mechanic' should look at himself & not the gear!

saki, Mar 28, 11:08pm
By any chance does it have a residual check valve in the circuit to prevent creep back.

supernova2, Mar 29, 8:51am
Fronts wont be auto adjust will they!
My bets still on the master cyl orthe pushrod adjustment as mentioned above.

fabfran, Mar 29, 11:30am
wont be the masterive got a vc as wellmore likely to be the adjusters put backwardsas the two hoses that come out of the master 1 goes to rh front onlythe other goes to left front and rears.the drum brakes were alway touchy on them thats why i put the later disc setup in mine.if you decide you need a master anywayi have 1 that has been rekitted wasnt able to run four wheel disc s off it

afer_daily, Mar 29, 6:55pm
ok .another update ./this is an aussie assembled wagon /after market brake booster remote fitted / PBR / asregards the ajusters bieng the wrong way round i dont think they will line up to the ajustment holes in the back plate . there looks like a shit load more brake line piping in it than a nz assembled sedan . when it gets light i will have another go . as my grandaughter says .im so over this .

scuba, Mar 29, 9:20pm
what exactly was the "service"!

does sound like a residual pressure problem.
If when it happens you can fix the problem byopening a brake bleed valve and releasing built up pressure then look to the master cylinder.
If you have to slacken off brake adjustment to get car movingthen look to brake adjustment/overheating issue.

afer_daily, Mar 29, 11:13pm
thanks scuba .i think you have got it / yes there is a bleed valve on the brake booster / and as you say open that up and everything freesup/ might just take it to someone else / funny thing is didnt have any trouble with master cyclinder before / only had the car in for shoes on the front and leaking slave cyc on the back .

scuba, Mar 30, 8:51am
as snoopy said take it to someone that knows what they are doing

guest, Sep 26, 1:12am
I buy my fabric and Jo Ann's, Hobby Lobby, and every once in a while a splicaety quilt shop if it is on sale. Mostly, though I quilt the fabric myself. However, you do not have to use quilted fabric to make these doll carriers. You could use a heavier weight home dec fabric (printed duck cloth from the bolt), embellished denim fabric, or a combination of calico prints that have a layer of batting between them. I hope this helps you with your project.Lori

guest, Sep 28, 10:00am
Posted on December 18, 2012 at 11:19 pmZune and iPod: Most people corapme the Zune to the Touch, but after seeing how slim and surprisingly small and light it is, I consider it to be a rather unique hybrid that combines qualities of both the Touch and the Nano. It's very colorful and lovely OLED screen is slightly smaller than the touch screen, but the player itself feels quite a bit smaller and lighter. It weighs about 2/3 as much, and is noticeably smaller in width and height, while being just a hair thicker.

guest, Sep 28, 3:42pm
Posted on December 11, 2012 at 3:22 amAlmost all of what you state is supprisingly acraucte and that makes me wonder the reason why I had not looked at this in this light before. Your article truly did turn the light on for me personally as far as this specific topic goes. However there is just one position I am not necessarily too comfy with so whilst I make an effort to reconcile that with the actual main theme of your point, let me see exactly what the rest of the visitors have to point out.Well done.