Replacing scooter ignition honda express

millna, Mar 24, 1:06am
Some bugger tried to steal my moped last night, they did not get it started. but they did strip the ignition so now it will start with anything. are they easy to replace and are they interchangeable!

pc_uncorrect, Mar 24, 1:50am
What year & model!
First off, call Honda, let them know the make & model, and maybe even email them a photo of the damaged part/bits, and see if they can help!

Do you mean they broke the 'ignition switch' (barrel and/or wiring) !.
If only the 'ignition barrel' is broken, then a locksmith maybe able to replace.
If the whole ignition switch (barrel & wiring & electrical connector), seek the services of an locksmith and/or automotive electrician.

mbikeman1, Mar 24, 9:27am
i cant remeber what one looks like off the top of my head but is it the model you kick over a few times then pull the brake lever for it to turn over!Ignition in the head light!If so then it should be easy to retro fit a switch from another model into the casing.

kazbanz, Mar 24, 10:13pm
swap it for the one on the suzi you are selling -might need a plug swap but itlll solve ya problem

millna, Mar 24, 10:46pm
thanks, I will check with the suzuki one. I have also noticed that the brake light is not as bright as it should be and does not glow when I start the bike.
Thethief left the ignition on after they gave up, and I assumed drained the battery causing an issue with the light. So i will probably need to get a new battery. what a pain