Tyre Cracking

booboo117, Mar 23, 3:00am
Is this acceptable on a vehicle at a car dealer! The car is a 2009 done 33km

intrade, Mar 23, 3:27am
na check when the tyre was made there is a date on it 3 numbers its 6 years what the manufacturer say the tyre should last seems they fitted old secoundhand junk.

http://slurplog.blogsome.com/2007/11/14/life-type-expiry-date/

4 year is incorrect maybe some crap is manufactured for 4 years some last even longer like i got some old michelin as my spear tyre on the camper no cracks and its 10 years or so old.

a.woodrow, Mar 23, 4:42am
Probably just the dressing they've used on the tyres

llortmt, Mar 23, 4:55am
What make is the tyre Triangle!
It's only acceptable if you accept it.

trade4us2, Mar 23, 6:32am
I bought retreads for my trailer, and after a few years the WOF guy complained about cracks in the old sidewalls. I reckon they were there when I bought the tyres, which have now done about 100km. I have made the cracks amost invisible. How long will black tile grout last!

kazbanz, Mar 23, 8:50am
I'm missing the point you are making I'm sorry.
The tyres are cracked.This is an issue for YOU. So if you otherwise like the car ensure the tyres are changed for new ones. Problem solved

treachug, Mar 23, 9:07am
What make of car & what size tires!
Unsure if same issue or not but we had a 2000 HSV with splits in the inner sidewall (on original 18" rims) at work. We contacted the tyre supplier who explained why these split - low pressure is the issue - they asked what pressure tyre was at (from memory was at or about 34psi, owner thought this was the norm), They explained that due to particular suspension design & as the tyre had low side wall, pressure needs to be at 40psi or more. Sounds weird but car has never split inner sidewall since & others we have had in & noticed same issue have had tyres replaced & pressure increased & no problems since. Goes against maufacturer specs but guess its a requirement of current tyre design.

icemans1, Mar 23, 1:56pm
typical fresh jap imports have perished tyres - seen it so many times.

jerichord, Mar 23, 7:24pm
dealers here and japan remove wheels and tyres (mags) and sell them separatly, more so if they are nice mags, replace them with c.p rims and tyres.