Rover 2600 1984 , oil filter ?

kevlight, Mar 29, 4:00am
Have searched all over engine ,for the oil filter ,it must have one , any body got one of these, and can tell me where to look in the engine bay for it , thanks.

therafter1, Mar 29, 4:34am
Never had beggar all to do with them and never serviced one and had a hunt around using google and got beggar all back. Take a few close up digis of the engine bay, engine and everything in close proximity to it and put them on here.

One assumes that you have been underneath and checked it from that angle of course.

thunderbolt, Mar 29, 5:13am
It appears to be a spin on filter according to my Ryco listings so must be visible somewhere.

kevlight, Mar 29, 5:16am
Thats a Rodger checked all over can not see it ! must be hidden some where !
will get on tophotos asap

theram1, Mar 29, 5:31am
Looks like it hides under the carbs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:M20B25_block.jpg

unbeatabull, Mar 29, 6:00am
That looks more like under the exhaust manifold

curlcrown, Mar 29, 6:20am
Your workshop manual should be there early next week. Maybe even tomorrow if the posties are working.

kevlight, Mar 29, 6:36am
thanks for that "curlcrown" .just getting to grips with the great big whale in the the drive way ! cleaned the spark plugs, topped up the fluids,bought a new battery, shampoo and deoder the dog smell, found the fuses etc etc; drove it down for a Wof yesterday ,failed on weeping back brakes and low vacuum pressure.Tyres are crap but passed.
need a source of parts and would like some original alloys and nice rubber.
That motor manual will be agreat help ,wish it was here now ,any body know any SD1 Rovers parts for sale !

therafter1, Mar 29, 6:38am
With post # 5 I don't think you will need the manual, or have to take any pics, cos it is fairly obvious lol

kevlight, Mar 29, 6:42am
thanks to those guys who helped ,thatsa good picture,nowi can go ahead and change the oil and filter tomorrow thanksKev

curlcrown, Mar 29, 6:52am
There and plenty of rover clubs around the country and I know the Auckland one has heaps of parts. It shouldn't be hard to find some original alloys. I can ask around for you if you like.

phillip.weston, Mar 29, 6:59am
Why would a Rover SD1 2600 have a BMW engine!

phillip.weston, Mar 29, 7:02am
also this should show you where the oil filter is, below the crank pulley off the oil pump - http://homepage.ntlworld.com/william.whittaker1/cache_sd1_story/2300-2600_files/23002600engine.jpg

sas777, Mar 30, 5:41am
I see you're from Timaru.
A while ago there were a couple of SD1s that sat up in Winchester, in a paddock/garden on the left just before the pub. They were side by side facing the road for ages. May still be in the village somewhere

scuba, Mar 30, 8:16am
Geoff Henry in Dunedinprobably still has some in his yard in Neville street
It is next to the old Carisbrook rugby ground .
haha just had a look on Google map he had 3sd rovers sitting outside. not sure how old the pic is.

scuba, Mar 30, 8:23am
hhmmmm photos at least 3 years old