Spare wheel is a different size. Advice please

patxyz, Mar 31, 11:41pm
Howdy.Got a puncture.Tyres on car are 205/50 R16.
Spare is 195/60 R15.

Can I get away with putting the spare on the back till I can get the puncture fixed tomorrow!

94 Honda Accord US Wagon

Thanks for your time

mugenb20b, Mar 31, 11:45pm
As long as it fits on the car, yes. But, your car will not be up to a wof standard with mismatched tyre sizes.

patxyz, Mar 31, 11:48pm
Thanks for that.Just wanted confirmation.
Spare has obviously never been used as it and the rim look brand new

motor10, Apr 1, 12:19am
I think they call that a "Space Saver Tyre" even tho it isn't like the traditional really small tyres.But just treat it like one.Use to get you to the nearest repair place, and restrict speed to 80kph.:-)

therafter1, Apr 1, 2:09am
If the vehicle (which yours probably isn't) is AWD then it can present possible problems. On FWD's like your Accord if the puncture is in a front wheel, remove a rear wheel and fit it where the punctured tyre was and fit the spare to the rear.

clark20, Apr 1, 2:17am
There is a 0.5% difference, not a worry, it is not a spacesaver at that size

meathead_timaru, Apr 1, 3:24am
But not in that order.

therafter1, Apr 1, 3:43am
They will figure that one out when they go to do it lol

meathead_timaru, Apr 1, 4:06am
Love your work.

motor10, Apr 1, 7:56am
My space saver tyre is 215/55/16 :-)

owene, Apr 1, 10:34am
If it's a different circumference then beware - your car will be forever turning in circles and forcing you to do U turns.

clark20, Apr 1, 7:30pm
Not exactly saving much space then.what's it on!

scuba, Apr 1, 10:45pm
you need to cut back on the meds

scuba, Apr 1, 10:49pm
or the spare is the original size and after market mags were fitted.

motor10, Apr 1, 11:20pm
XR8 Ute, so is stored under the tray."Normal" is only 235/45/17, but it sure is noticable when the spare is on!

guest, Sep 25, 3:35pm
The beauty of these boggling engines and CMS platforms is the lack of limitations and simplicity of touching that allows developers to implement plush knowledge and e28098skine28099 the place in such a way that with rattling less effort one would never mark what it is making the parcel ticktock all without limiting proportionality and effectivity.

guest, Sep 26, 4:50pm
I'm impressed, I need to say. Actually not often do I entnuocer a weinformation that's each educative and entertaining, and let me tell you, you've got hit the nail on the head. Your thought is excellent; the issue is something that not enough persons are talking intelligently about. I'm very joyful that I stumbled throughout this in my search for one thing relating to this.