Amazing how some people buy cars.

Page 2 / 2
cheapy11, Nov 28, 6:56pm
Bit different buying from a dealer, as you have significant comeback if its a complete POS, but buying privately sight unseen can certainly be risky.

But also depends on the buyers skill level & if you know what your looking for, pitfalls of that model etc etc.

mals69, Nov 28, 7:23pm
95k to them probably like what $950 is to most.

Bought a motorbike off here sight unseen from Auckland from a private seller - did due dilligence on the seller and then deposited the funds, week later mate did the same from a dealer. Had great run out of both bikes.
Some are prepared to take the risk if what you want is not available in your area and cannot be bothered with the shag around of jumping on a plane etc. In experience on here if someone has lots of trades with excellent feedback its rare for someone to turn into a wan.er overnight or let some wan.er use their account to pull a fast one.

melonhead1, Nov 29, 4:17am
Welp, at the way many on here laugh at people getting AA checks(or equivalent) done on a car I'm not surprised that many opt to just take a leap of faith.

neville48, Nov 29, 7:48am
bought 6 cars from USA sight unseen and paid up to $US 22000 for the car. unseen. sometimes you just gotta take a punt and there are far more honest than dishonest people in this world.

2get1, Aug 22, 2:39am
in Nz most recent sale, sight unseen was privately $24K cash folding, drove the vehicle up country and did the deal. Then went straight across the road to buy sight unseen my new vehicle for $45K but that was a dealer. Overseas many bikes worth USD $5k a piece and cars 1 at USD $20K and one at $30K both sight unseen. So far touch wood I haven't been burnt or bought a lemon.