What are Fiat Stilo Abarths like ?

azzab54, Mar 29, 2:27am
2.4,what gearboxs are they available with ? Thank you.

poppy62, Mar 29, 6:36am
Give Phillip, at Italian Auto Centre in Otahuhu a call (Monday) as he is very conversant with the Stilo 2.4 and he'll be able to answer all you queries

vtecintegra, Mar 29, 6:46am
Maybe normal manuals exist but I've only ever seen the automated manual

tamarillo, Mar 29, 7:04am
Been very attested to them, but also warned off cause of build quality and difficult gearboxes. Difficult women cause enough hassles for me already.
Would want a local mechanic who knows and likes them to have one.

mugenb20b, Mar 29, 8:18am
Crap but not bad to drive.

trogedon, Mar 29, 8:20am
"attested"?!

yellowsubmarine, Mar 29, 9:09pm
I have one, it really is much the same as any other Italian car.

It has the usual electrical issues (false errors reported etc) and the automated manual gearbox does take some getting used to (it will roll on hills and shifts can be pretty rough).
There is a normal manual box available but they seem pretty rare.

Mine has been pretty reliable, I have only had to replace a couple of parts in the last 4-5 years:
Cv boot
Water hose behind engine (split)
Coil pack

They are pretty fast cars, not hard to make the wheels spin if you are a little heavy footed.
Build quality isn't bad, plastics do get sticky but leather seats are pretty high quality.

It's.not really a normal car, so if you don't like the experience/adventure of driving I would look at something else.

rovercitroen, Mar 29, 10:39pm
There is a few manual gearbox Stilo Abarth's around but they are rare. There was a NZ new one for sale at a dealer a year or so ago. Top money due to its rarity the advert said. There often seems to be a few for sale on TM - with the Selespeed gearbox.

tamarillo, Apr 6, 2:51am
New word, cross between interested and attracted. Or a typo can't recall now. That's what happens when I get involved with Italian stuff.