Nissan Skyline 370 Coupe or Juke Turbo.

motig, Jul 6, 10:04pm
Apart from both being Nissans I spose you could say their complete opposites. I like them both but definitely leaning toward Skyline. Quite like the idea of luxury and power. looking at it as a retirement present next year without spending a fortune and replacing the the trusty 94 mazda work car. Other makes don't seem to interest at the mo. Whadda ya reckon - grow old disgracefully or ?

tamarillo, Jul 6, 10:08pm
Juke turbo is cvt box and not latest one. That alone would put me off in what is supposed to be performance thing.

motig, Jul 6, 10:49pm
Yeah I was suprised actually at its performance on road tests, thought it would've been a bit quicker in things like 0 to 100 for instance.

seadubya, Jul 6, 11:27pm
Juke R? Hell yeah!
Juke Nismo RS manual? Sounds like fun.
I like the idea of a small car with controversial styling that goes like the clappers.

nice_lady, Jul 7, 6:31am
Looked at a Juke last time we were car buying - I said "No ". Those things kinda remind me of a warthog !

gammelvind, Jul 7, 7:08am
Awwww but warthogs are cute 😜

motig, Jul 7, 7:28am
The plus side of the juke is its not going to blend in with all the other cars in the carpark.

stevo2, Jul 7, 8:04am
Out of those two only, I would prefer the Skyline myself BUT I would be a lot keener on a 370Z if you only wanted a Nissan (which I dont).

vtecnet, Jul 7, 9:20pm
I owned a 370GT coupe for a while, nice car, but I still got bored with it and sold it on again, a 370Z is lighter and probably a more sporty experience, however at retirement age getting in and out of such a car could be annoying, at least the previous owner of an MR2 Turbo I had sold that particular car for that reason.

inkapuka, Jul 8, 10:28am
not sure if we can get these in nz but would be fun
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ER6qorrZ7Ho&t=497s

mals69, Jul 8, 11:17am
Crikey 65 the new 40 these days, if at 65 you cannot get in an out
of a sports car easily dare say you have not looked after your
body or had a hard job that has wrecked it, sport etc. Or bad
luck with your health.

mals69, Jul 8, 11:20am
Get the 370GT OP, proven motor, good torque. No
replacement for displacement!

kazbanz, Jul 8, 1:05pm
motiq --dag namb it I would say neither to be honest. the 370 definitely has some boogie but the smiles wear out fairly quick. You nailed it with the Juke even turbo performance ain't fantastic.

shorebee, Jul 12, 10:37am
Look at the Pulsar ST-S or SSS, same engine as Juke Turbo but better auto, slick 6 speed or cvt . Digi turbo, nothing like the asthmatic standard pulsar and for 15 grand you'd find one with good ride height and masses of legroom.

motig, Nov 27, 2:54pm
Yeah a few years ago a mate brought an MR2 if it hadn't been that he brought it down to the pub and my body was a bit lubricated I've never managed to get in it, even getting out was a struggle. It was OK for him he was a wee shorty.