ABS Light

gypsy271, Jun 4, 9:33am
Hi All. any ideas why my abs light is off until I hit a hole, accelerate or brake hard. The bottle is full however when I turn the car on the level decreases then comes back?
Thanks heaps

saxman99, Jun 4, 10:12am
You need to have your ABS computer scanned at an appropriate service agent and go from there. There are many reasons the light can come on.

luxy, Jun 4, 7:12pm
you pads are worn

tamarillo, Jun 4, 7:45pm
The second comment re bottle full but changes on full lock makes me ask, are you sure you're looking at right fluid? That sounds like steering fluid to me.
Re light, as others said you need it scanned.

gypsy271, Jun 4, 8:13pm
Yes its definitely the abs bottle. I've just had a service and even showed them. they said it was strange. Ok I didn't know they can do a scan for your abs knew they can do your srs. I'll ring a garage.

differentthings, Jun 4, 8:17pm
^^^^ if that's the case, check your front brake hoses then^

intrade, Jun 4, 8:42pm
well if the garage did not tell you this then how do you expect them to actuarly fix and find the problem because abs is not emissions so wont be covered under cheap ass scantools als a scantool only tells what the computer sees and then the scantool software must turn what the computer sees in to a information and this informaion then has to be used for further testing.

intrade, Jun 4, 8:45pm
now your information you wrote tells me you have possibly a broken abs sensor wire or a wire rubbed thru hence why the light is turning on only when you said . first test would be controlled hard braking without causing a crash to see if abs works. usually even at real slow speed abs must work brrrrrr pulsation of brakes no locking up if it locks up then abs dont works and you must let the brake go imidietly or you can end in a ditch if your not used to non abs braking
when you let the brake go you can reply it imidietly again less harsh should there be a situation where you must stop. Do not pump a brake ever when needing to emergency stop.
basically that is driver training like it was told for non abs cars

intrade, Jun 4, 8:53pm
also i would like to know what bottle you are talking the icon on the dashboard or the phisical brake fluid bowl under bonnet because that is the technical therm for what holds brake fluid.

intrade, Jun 4, 8:59pm
also would help what car make and model because it is on some newer ones not going to be easy to figure things like 2005 or newer nissan to name one

gtrnut, Jun 4, 9:19pm
Check the brake fluid level in the reservoir under the bonnet-if your not sure which one it is go to a local garage

lugee, Jun 5, 4:21am
Sounds like a dodgy connection, like at wheel speed sensor or something.

blackdotlova, Jun 7, 6:00am
check the wear on your tires. I got court by this, new tires problem sorted

intrade, Jun 7, 6:13am
what car do you also have tyre pressure monitor system? because not enough air in one of the worn tyres would make it detect the slower rotation, problem of the 1 wheel.

gypsy271, Jun 8, 8:39pm
That's funny I have a 1996 Honda Accord US wagon. I have a slow leak in the driver's side rear tire. I haven't gotten around to fixing it properly yet.

henderson_guy, Jun 8, 8:51pm
Go to your local Honda service agent, and get the codes read. A light showing means that a measurement by one of your sensors is outside the prescribed parameters. Until you know the code which will point you towards the area of the fault, all any of us can do is guess.

bigfatmat1, Jul 11, 10:26am
As above but being a a Honda Accord of that Era My guess is code no 1 faulto accumulator not building pressure in the system causing a pump over run code