Rego up to 41% off?

Page 2 / 2
fast4motion, Jun 30, 5:07am
If you pay online it'll be $175.20 (as per rightcar). $178.29 will be the price if you pay at an NZTA agent.

tazzinem, Jun 30, 5:53am
okay then.

tazzinem, Jun 30, 6:02am
the whole thing was basically a system information error. When the info of vehicles was transferred from NZTA/crash data/ancap etc, the ACC system failed to pick up the sub cars, EG Spacio's, and all toyota corolla's were lumped in together.

This has only just been found and it's in the process of being fixed. People just need to be patient and stop b!tching over an error. Mistakes happen. Be thankful you're getting any kind of discount.

Doesn't matter what the offer/discount is, there's always going to be those people that think they're entitled to the highest amount. My car went down about $12. who cares. If you have nothing else to moan about, or have all day to look into and compare vehicles, I think you need a life

b3373, Jul 1, 7:52am
Fair go looking into. http://tvnz.co.nz/fair-go/coding-error-forces-acc-refund-9000-motorists-following-investigation-6350034
May not include the Qashy/Dualis (yet). Keep on your MP and ACC. I know of one other with a 2011 who has written to ACC. My single airbag 2004 MPV is band 4 so doesn't seem right your 2011 is band 1. Hope you get a favourable response. :)

kyokei, Jul 1, 10:08pm
Just paid for a full year rego. $138.04 for a 99 Altezza. Just under half of what I used to pay iirc

melonhead1, Jul 1, 10:17pm
They should quadruple the levies on RB powered cars to keep the boy racers happy.

gazzat22, Jul 2, 12:41am
No, i rang ACC ,the ancap rating is only part of it goes on number of injury accidents not who,s at fault as that would breach the privacy act.The cars safety rating has very little to do with it,more cars of a certain model,more likely to have or be involved in a crash Moral of story. buy an unpopular/rare/unusual car,or a bigger car!

twincam1, Jul 2, 12:47am
Both our Mercs are now $138 each 12 mth rego.

_white_rabbit, Jul 2, 1:37am
Okay, so admittedly my rego has lapsed, but with knowing the levy was dropping i held off rather than getting a short one to top up until now. I just went to get a 12 month rego and still have to pay the old fees? What kind of bull is that?

What happened to those whose rego expired on the 30th of June?

vtecintegra, Jul 2, 1:41am
Presumably they paid for one day at the old rate. Mine was on the 29 so I had to pay for two days.

gmphil, Jul 2, 4:40am
mine was due 19 june so done for month as guna be chaos on the 1st lol bet system will crash thousand left unregisted cars till sorted

rpvr, Jul 2, 4:42am
Presuming you did not put the rego on hold, you have to pay from the date it expired, at the rate that was current at the time. You should have paid the old rate for the short period up to 30 June, then renewed at the new rate. Not sure what happens now, you'll have to pay the old rate for the shortest period they will allow, then renew at the new rate.

skiff1, Jul 2, 5:34am
more genius.

vtecintegra, Jul 2, 5:43am
What I did early in June was go to a post shop and pay for two days registration (taking the new expiry date to 1/7). This cost something like $8 (as there is a fee for the label itself and admin)

I then renewed online a couple of days later and because the new start date was 1/7 I got charged the new rate.

The only reason this wouldn't have worked was if you had a car that was initially misclassified.

gazzat22, Jul 2, 6:01am
Further to that ,neighbours 1996/7 corolla h/bk no abs,no airbags must be a zillion on the road Band 2 $198.20. 2004 demio Abs 2xairbags EBD $238.40 Band 1 Crazy!

sharchew, Jul 2, 6:24am
I got 7% discount

infinityjrc, Jul 2, 7:16am
How does acc calculate this! I have the most common car in NZ, and 1998 models are the same reg cost as the 2010 with traction and stability control go figure! So if you have the most common car it will figure in accident stats more often that less common cars I.e toyota spacio which is about 60 dollars. I bought my car thinking it was safe, this is one big croc of shit from Acc and they should have to tell us what 'science' they used to calculate these levies.

paix1, Jul 2, 8:16am
. Monash University - which is crap!

noswalg, Jul 2, 8:23am
As I stated earlier in this thread, the Nissan Fairlady or Z - car series from 1975 to 2008 has been incorrectly lumped together into band 1, the latter being a vastly improved car than the former in terms of features, pretty hard to find any actual crash test data so maybe ACC thought it easier to just err on the side of caution, bit like they did with the Skyline in Fair Go's segment.

noswalg, Jul 2, 8:24am
Got a link to some crash test data for any of these models?

blueviking, Jul 4, 1:53am
My wife has a 2003 Nissan Pulsar wagon NZ new. Band 2 $123.46. But a Wingroad import, the same year Band 4 $68.46.

So do I just change the name to get the better discount?

brapbrap8, Jul 4, 3:02am
In that case it is not just about how safe the car is, it is also about the way they are crashed.
Maybe your 'Rolla has higher ACC premiums because more chinese tourists smash them into stuff which means a higher percentage of them are in accidents than other similar models which may be mostly driven by mature and relatively skilled drivers and not in many accidents.

tamarillo, Mar 27, 5:10pm
My Toyota mark X 2005 has only two airbags, hasn't even got them in seat, just up front. 4 stars. Bullshit.