My 96 Nissan Primera is a band 3 which I thought was quite good

kevymtnz, May 29, 8:17pm
Well going by this im out a bit
car 1 - $134.95
car 2 - $238.45
http://rightcar.govt.nz/

one of them is wrong

susie_q1, May 30, 3:58am
update. rang LTSA they couldn't give me an answer they suggested ACC. I rang ACC and they couldn't give me an answer. Rang Nissan to see if there was any significant changes to the vehicle between 2011 (band 1) and 2012 (band 4), no changes. They said I should ring my local MP. Have rang them and they said they will get back to me next week. :)

martin11, May 30, 4:16am
Rubbish I know a 67 year old that got Airlifted by chopper to hospital the other day after a fall and ACC are covering it .

berg, May 30, 6:05am
Ummmm, my Suzuki is top band.

next-to-normal, May 30, 2:20pm
with the stats they used,did they take off the fact the driver was unsafe,or no matter how safe the car was ,the accident was unsurvivable or are popular makes on the road are more unsafe as they are more likely to be involved in an accident,.i cant believe my old diesel merc with abs and airbags and seat belt retractors is safe as my old lada,code 1

neldo8, Jun 2, 4:40am
Falcon Ute's Regos going up why is a ute rego higher than a car

franc123, Jun 2, 5:03am
Because its a goods vehicle not passenger. Is it staying the same or going up?

marmar1, Jun 2, 6:20am
Just got my rego papers and is $138 for my 99 subaru,which is a $140 saving,wow!

billyfieldman, Jun 2, 7:21am
Stoked and surprised that my recently acquired $1200 1992 Windom is band 3.

franc123, Jun 2, 8:05am
As has been discussed in other threads, some of the vehicle placements in particular bands has been farcical.

scuba, Jun 2, 8:19am
People keep calling these savings- they are not savings- Acc finally admitted they were ripping us off by ramping up the levy years ago to get rid of a supposed " deficit in funding". Now they have that much extra cash in their slush fund it is embarrassing the govt so they have distorted the levy prices to suit their true objective of getting older cars off the road.

marmar1, Jun 2, 8:25am
Not sure about this as my car is a 99 subaru and the missus car is a 01 corolla and both are level 5 or are you talking older than this?.

lugee, Jun 2, 10:42am
Effects of driver error were removed, and the data was normalized for sample size. The number of specimens of a given model has no bearing on it's safety rating, other than it being more accurate due to larger sample size.

susie_q1, Jun 28, 8:01am
I'm still waiting to hear back from my local MP.

In the meantime I'm left wondering if perhaps my car is one of the 15,000 mentioned in this article.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11471960

franc123, Jun 28, 8:11am
You're on to it!

gunhand, Jun 28, 8:11am
The difference would see the owner of a 2007 Spacio charged $103.46 for car registration when they should be charged $68.46.

Cut& paste from above article. post 66.
Really? $68.46

franc123, Jun 28, 8:14am
That's the tip of the iceberg, the whole thing is riddled with inaccuracies, some are even being charged different amounts for structurally identical and safety feature identical cars that happen to have different make or model badges on them. Good luck with your crusade to be charged the right amount though.

susie_q1, Jun 28, 8:33am
gunhand. I can't even find 2007 spacio on the rightcar website.

Not sure where the reporter got their facts from.

gunhand, Jun 28, 8:49am
Possibly the answer lies beneath.

David Fisher
David Fisher is a senior reporter for the NZ Herald.

bastardsquad, Jun 28, 8:57am
They aren't dangerous. They are well set up, good handling cars with airbags , traction control etc etc. The reason they don't get the discount is because they are over represented in crash stats (because owners generally hoon in them) . NOT because they are inherently dangerous.

brapbrap8, Jun 28, 11:35am
Just got the letter for my Lancer, down to $138 which is nice.
I always thought there would be plenty of inconsistencies with this system though, especially with the amount of weird imported models we get here.

monzaman, Jun 28, 1:00pm
For my 98 jumbo hiace diesel last week I got 1 week rego to july 1st then 6 months at $140 now-previously $237,nearly $200 less for a year,used to get 3 months at $122,my car is about $60 less for a year.

zephyrheaven, Jun 28, 9:25pm
right car is full of inaccurate info too

my px current shape ranger is 3 star ancap rated on there but 5 star rated by ancap lol

herbiem, Jun 29, 9:14pm
rightcar said for my 98 Mazda $175.20. Just got my bill to be paid by end of July $178.29. Not much difference.