Heh heh, Top Gear on tv3.

daryl14, Feb 14, 12:10am
I PMSL at Clarkson and May stripper dancing behind their cars while Hamster filled up his Mustang.

tamarillo, Feb 14, 1:09am
Yep, bloody wonderful entertainment. Some hate it and it bemuses me they complain about it, begs question why the heck watch it?
I love it, watch everyone. Patagonia special was good.

elect70, Feb 14, 2:22am
BBCs top programme so must be good , of course the PC brigade dont like it .

daryl14, Feb 14, 2:57am
Yeah the long distance specials are awesome, they see some unbelievable countryside.

sifty, Feb 14, 3:01am
Always spectacular cinematography.

timmo1, Feb 14, 5:12am
Formulaic, jokes set up but presented like they are off the cuff. It used to be better.

clark20, Feb 14, 5:29am
Is the bridge straight? . yes yes YES

vjregal770, Feb 14, 8:58am
They made sure the American car would fare worst. a blind man could see that Mustang was a real beater, The 928 and Esprit looked very well looked after IMO at least until the 928's electrics gave up (allegedly). Entertaining, but definitely not off the cuff.

elect70, Feb 14, 11:05am
It was only a ps hose on the stang .The Porsche had bent suspension upright that cut into the wiring loom . . --- must be next episode where the argies it get ugly

tgray, Feb 14, 6:14pm
Hardly fair when they are comparing cars from different decades, but all just a bit of fun.

rachnl84, Feb 14, 9:12pm
Is the new series out already?

socram, Feb 14, 9:20pm
Yes, but on TV3 not Prime.

I don't care what the critics say about the show, or the presenters or the staging. It is still great entertainment with a combination of laughter, stupidity and travel - oh, there's a bit about cars too.

The Lotus is a bit of a revelation though.

bitsy_boffin, Feb 14, 10:01pm
I couldn't really get into it this season, i guess i just found it too much work to suspend my disbelief for long enough, they took it too far, i mean getting lost is one thing, supposedly "driving across the andes" on unformed roads, through swamps, and fields, finding a not-quite-complete bridge. come on guys, at least ensure the scriptwriters have *some* base in reality.

stockyz, Feb 14, 11:46pm
I dont really care that its not factual or "off the cuff",it makes me laugh and forget about all the other crap thats going on and thats good enough for me

tamarillo, Feb 15, 12:13am
Nail on head. And yes lotus surprised. Guess with an old car it's more about care and maintenance than breed of car. A shitty Toyota won't go as well as a looked after allegro.

tamarillo, Feb 15, 12:13am
It's not a reality show! But get your point.

extrayda, Jun 17, 6:04pm
I enjoy it - find James May the funniest now (used to be Hammond).
Agree about the staging, but it still makes good watching. Power steering hose on a Mustang is hardly difficult to fix properly. For this challenge out of the three cars if you knew it was going to have some rough treatment the Mustang would have been my choice because they are so simple and under stressed. High speed driving would have been a different choice though. The presenters all have their 'persona' to play up to. I love cars, but without the 'extra entertainment' it wouldn't be very watchable.